BT broadband in Stannington.

didn't think so, else you wouldn't be declaring BT's customer services as the worst in the UK
...........you must be Joking! surely Virgin media cannot be worse than BT?

...........you must be Joking! surely Virgin media cannot be worse than BT?

actually, they're not that bad, and I get slightly above my advertised speed of 50Mb.

But the call centres are all in India, and some people don't like talking to Indians.

and the superhub1 has dreadful wireless performance (superhub2 was MUCH better, but they stiffed me £20 for it, the swines)

actually, they're not that bad, and I get slightly above my advertised speed of 50Mb.

But the call centres are all in India, and some people don't like talking to Indians.

and the superhub1 has dreadful wireless performance (superhub2 was MUCH better, but they stiffed me £20 for it, the swines)

..........my advertised speed is "up to 17mb" but I actually get 0.75mb most times,as to why I only get that is like opening a can of worms as I have done everything possible to improve speeds!

My BT call centre must share the same as yours as mostly when in trouble I recognize the Indian accents,although I think I recognize some Cowboy accents in the sales and account departments! as a rep told me that although speeds are advertised 'up to 76mb" Stannington is capped at 40mb on BT Infinity!

I don't suppose he ought to have told me that!!!

Edited by mossdog

The thing is though, if Infinity is capped then surely TalkTalk, Origin Broadband, etc will all be capped too - as its the same equipment?

Unless the cap is on their uphaul from the exchange rather than the cabinets?

can confirm that origin broadband does NOT have caps, also no fair usage policy, no limits/slow downs and no blocked websites,

we are on origin and are very heavy users

between all pc's and consoles, netflix,twitch,sky OD we regularly use over 500gb per month, never had any issues.

can confirm that origin broadband does NOT have caps, also no fair usage policy, no limits/slow downs and no blocked websites,

we are on origin and are very heavy users

between all pc's and consoles, netflix,twitch,sky OD we regularly use over 500gb per month, never had any issues.

I can rarely get above 66Mbit on my Origin connection and they have been unable to explain why.

There is nothing wrong with the VDSL side, syncs at a solid 80/20, yet only once (a couple of days ago actually) have I hit 76Mbit.

Not sure if its Origin or Openreach to blame, but I have seen reports that Infinity2 is not readily hitting 76Mbit on some exchanges/cabinets these days either, so maybe the latter.

It does seem unlikely to be Origin as I used to get a consistent 92Mbit with them on Digital Region.

Its unlikely to be Origins back-haul from the exchange as this has been the case from day one and I was one of, if not the first connection on the exchange.

Edited by AlexAtkin

I wouldn't use Origin after their poor handling of the Digital Region Shutdown.

Looks like I angered the Openreach gods, my connection right now is struggling to do 30Mbit!!

Going to have a nap and see what its like later.

I can rarely get above 66Mbit on my Origin connection and they have been unable to explain why.

There is nothing wrong with the VDSL side, syncs at a solid 80/20, yet only once (a couple of days ago actually) have I hit 76Mbit.

Not sure if its Origin or Openreach to blame, but I have seen reports that Infinity2 is not readily hitting 76Mbit on some exchanges/cabinets these days either, so maybe the latter.

It does seem unlikely to be Origin as I used to get a consistent 92Mbit with them on Digital Region.

Its unlikely to be Origins back-haul from the exchange as this has been the case from day one and I was one of, if not the first connection on the exchange.

Hmmm kinda the same for me at moment, i was getting around 62/20 stable for well over a year but for the past few weeks has dropped to 50/18 and they dont know why.. Cant raise a fault issue untill it droppes below like 30mbps because thats openreaches threshhold? I duno but its **** annoying,

The digital region bit was a massiveee! fkup! But i dont know any provider that can offer what origin can on the side of fair usage and website blocking, yeh could use a vpn but that can be a pain,

but i know if i was to be on BT and use like 100gb pcm they would enforce some kind of cap/restriction on my line and claim i was in the top 1% of the whole customer daterbase! (Used to do this with adsl years ago)

Infact thays how i got out of my old contract with bt and went to digital region, i was on 1mb down 512kbps up and i managed to use 100gb in 30 days and they capped me to 56kbps (in peak hours) and claimed i was in the top 5% of BT customers that are heavy users... Like really!!! I used more bandwith on a 1meg connection than millions of others on 5-10 or even 20meg.. haha yea oh BT.. Anyway this wasnt stated in the policy that there was a limit to the unlimited plan... And also at the time BT didnt state their peak hours so the cap was 24/7.. Absolute joke of a company

I changed router software so do not get the same logging I used to, but I were doing at LEAST 300GB/month downloads at last check.

I probably do a fair bit upstream too as I seed a few torrents 24/7.