M1 roadworks (Leeds and Chesterfield)

Wouldn't that only be an issue if all 4 approaching lanes were completely full? Otherwise you might as well say converting any of the M1 to 4 lanes is a waste...and converting any of the A1 to 3 lanes must be a waste as well...

At busy times the entire motorway is running at capacity.

But from Haydn's figures a lot of traffic must exit and joint at Junc 34. Unless it magically teleports across the gap.

But from Haydn's figures a lot of traffic must exit and joint at Junc 34. Unless it magically teleports across the gap.

It's not called Meadowhell just because of the busy shopping ;-)

Out of interest, what is AADT?

Annual Average Daily Traffic - Slightly flawed measure in some respects but used worldwide as a common measure of daily traffic volume.

went to blackpool for a couple of days traveling both ways was awfull,traffic jams,delays, slow down areas,it was really bad might go by train next time if they are still working on this route,i fully understand its got to be done,but I hope its sorted soon,but be aware if going these routes of big delays thanks

There must have been loads of poor batches then 'cos they ripped out about 8 miles of the stuff.....wonder if it was the wrong spec?

It wasn't the wrong spec, or in fact anything a test before hand could have picked up. Cant go into too many details but an issue caused the concrete barrier to have a number of pop outs (anyone stuck in the traffic could see them, they looked like bullet holes) and it was deemed that this had caused such a detrimental effect to the barrier that it had to be removed.

When is the next stretch being released from 50 mph limit.

I seem to have been stuck in this all my life!!

When is the next stretch being released from 50 mph limit.

I seem to have been stuck in this all my life!!

I was told last week that the 50mph limit on 30-29a should have been lifted today, I don't use that section so can't confirm. There'll be a staged opening of the ALR between 28 and 31 from the end of November and it should be fully open by mid-december (4 lanes and normal speed limit).

39-41 should be running as ALR at the end of November/beginning of December with 41-42 opening in January