Pet hates .. but not hate pets ..

I think smelly people must get used to the smell. I had a friend of a friend who tended to smell unpleasant, how do you let them know without hurting their feelings?

I think you're right, they just get used to it. You do wonder though, how anyone could get used to it. How to tell them? That is a tough one.

People might smell funny for all kinds of reasons, you also don't want to speak up if they're aware of the problem, but having a hard time dealing with it. ie, trying everything but nothings working.

I have a good friend who has a lot of cats. The kitties are very clean and well cared for (all are indoor cats) and she empties their litter boxes, but the place still smells well, like a lot of cats live there. I know she's aware of it because there are candles and room deodorizers everywhere.

I don't want to embarrass her or hurt her feelings, so I say nothing. Just wear old clothes when I visit. :help:

Kids :gag:.

They should be made to wear some kind of exoskeleton that restricts their movement, including a helmet device that amplifies what they scream directly back into their own ears. Newborns to ten years old … no exceptions.

Hate 'em. :rant:

If I wake up in the morning, every day is a good day, no pet hates for me.

Angel1.

Think I'd be a bit wary of returning a trolley at the 'OK Cart Corral' Big shoot up n all that.:help:

'Cart Corral' is my phrase of the day, so much better than trolley bay.

The word 'barista' ....... pet hate of mine.

This affected use of the Italian for bartender. It is affected because setting aside it being conceited, snobbish and pretentious, there's never a mention of baristas, the other ones - not lawyers, or barista.

Just this pseudo use of a foreign word to dress up the job of making coffee. Like making the tea. You know where you are and that's right at the bottom of the ladder along with the sweeper uppers.

My two pennorth.

Its the correct word for a server who makes coffee.

barister is a different spelling.

A bar tender is again a different role. That suggests a person who works behind a bar.

Yes, I don't know why the word is used. Coffee server basically.

My pet hate (at the moment) is people with no spatial awareness carrying rucksacks/backpacks on public transport. A sudden turn round by a man on the tram recently almost took my glasses off (I was seated), and another who stepped backwards knocked into an elderly man quite hard. Some packs are so large they add almost the depth of another person. Even just going to work some seem to need to carry half a house! I'm never sure if the carriers are just plain selfish or if they genuinely don't realise the problems they can cause.

Ps, loving 'cart corral' Sierra!

Edited by Ms Macbeth

I hate the fad for management speak - 'Webinar', 'go forward together', 'synergies', 'stakeholders', 'futureproof our organisation' 'modernise our pay structure' (e.g. pay cuts for those on the front line, and rises for senior management), 'holistic governance', 'core competencies', right sizing' (for firing people) and 'capturing our demographic'.

I work for a public sector organisation, and the layers and layers of managers that speak in this inane way is infuriating. Such management speak is usually mendacious, and it makes those who use this language sound like dicks.

Totally agree.

I always think that the use of such talk masks the fact that the people who use it don't really know what they're doing.

It certainly doesn't translate into any meaningful action.

Probably one of the reasons why productivity is down.

They need a slap as you remind them that we are not in America.

Totally agree.

I always think that the use of such talk masks the fact that the people who use it don't really know what they're doing.

It certainly doesn't translate into any meaningful action.

Probably one of the reasons why productivity is down.

They need a slap as you remind them that we are not in America.

Maybe it works ....the USA has better productivity than we do... :)

https://fullfact.org/factcheck/economy/are_british_workers_less_productive_than_germans_and_french-39822

People painting their nails on trains. Good use of time, but that smell!

'Cart Corral' is my phrase of the day, so much better than trolley bay.

I'm glad you like this! :hihi:

---------- Post added 25-09-2015 at 20:49 ----------

My pet hate (at the moment) is people with no spatial awareness carrying rucksacks/backpacks on public transport. A sudden turn round by a man on the tram recently almost took my glasses off (I was seated), and another who stepped backwards knocked into an elderly man quite hard. Some packs are so large they add almost the depth of another person. Even just going to work some seem to need to carry half a house! I'm never sure if the carriers are just plain selfish or if they genuinely don't realise the problems they can cause.

Ps, loving 'cart corral' Sierra!

Hey Ms. Macbeth :wave:

I never thought about it." Cart corral" is what the place you return/take carts from has been called as long as I can remember. Sometimes, there are even signs with CART CORRAL in big letters and a cowboy on horseback swinging a lariat, lassoing a shopping cart.

I actually think trolley is a more descriptive word, but I guess it's what you're used to.

I really think some people with those huge packs (they look like hermit crabs carrying their homes on their backs, heh) don't realize just how big they are.

I once saw a small child bowled over, and the owner of the backpack felt awful and apologized profusely. Even bought the crying kid a snow cone. So, everyone is oblivious these days.

I also wonder just what they have in there. But then, I've always carried a reasonably sized purse (that has way too much stuff in it) and don't understand why some women need these humongous bags.

People who get on a bus and then decide to look for their money or pass,you know your waiting for a bus why not look then instead of holding us all up trying to get to our destination.that winds me right up!:mad: