Help with the Electrics

I am after some advice.

I have just had an extension built with a sloping roof for a new kitchen and have been getting some quotes for an electrician.

I am looking at getting some LED down lights for the kitchen.

The electrician that has come so far has stated that before the insulation is put between and below the roof joists he will need to do the first fix electrics and that he would need to cut and fit the insulation and plaster boards himself at a cost so that the job is done properly.

The problem is according to the building Reg's inspector he would need to see the insulation in place before the plaster boards are fixed into place or they wont be able to sign this off.

I need to get more information to see if the electrician is telling me the truth or not so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Can't the company that are building the extension do the electrics as well?

They could and would have but they would have charged me a lot more as the builder told me he would have to charge to project manage the other trades.

They could and would have but they would have charged me a lot more as the builder told me he would have to charge to project manage the other trades.

You would do the first fix with the wires leave them hanging down before the insulation is fitted it can be signed off then the boards fitted and the lights fitted. You would then test the lights anyone can fit the insulation and boards.

Must not have much work on I've never insulated a roof or plaster boarded not hard tho