Is/Was Adkins that good

adkins got lucky a couple of times what with scunny saints and that diet book but he's getting found out now

Listened to him today and his words were "that is three points dropped" and in that simple line we learn that it is still the same old arrogant Blades (manager, players and fans) why is it three points lost? From what I have heard Port Vale were good value for the win and therefore Adkins must have thought that the points were his before the game. Wrong on so many fronts.

Listened to him today and his words were "that is three points dropped" and in that simple line we learn that it is still the same old arrogant Blades (manager, players and fans) why is it three points lost? From what I have heard Port Vale were good value for the win and therefore Adkins must have thought that the points were his before the game. Wrong on so many fronts.

Yes, raised an eyebrow meself at that comment. Understandable when you let a lead slip but no way did it make sense today.

adkins got lucky a couple of times what with scunny saints and that diet book but he's getting found out now

To be fair, Adkins is a great manager, problem being, this season he doesn't have the calibre of players he has had in the past, you can take the ****, but it is true, and to be honest, at S2, he will never have them, harsh, but true..

I know I have taken some stick for not responding on this thread but I thought I would let time tell before I put finger to IPhone. I copied the message from a good Blade Friend of mine from his Twitter thread and I thought he had a very valid thought.

Now we are getting Blades moaning on POG that the team play as if they just have to turn up to win against supposed lower level opposition which was the problem last season. Therefore it appears that Adkins is not the answer to all problems unless he has a squad full of talented players which McCabe and The Prince will never purchase for him.

So, any response to my initial questions now you have put your finger to the iPhone?

Yes, as the thread suggest Adkins had a load of players at his disposal that were playing below the level they were capable of. He had one of the best youth systems behind him and the owners gave him the support and funding that was needed to get consecutive promotions and that was the reason for rise up the leagues and in my opinion all he did was not **** it up.

The job he is being asked to do at S2 is way beyond anything he has done before. No money for purchases the best players being sold on a regular basis and getting virtually no support from the owners. The only good thing is the brilliant support that is given come rain or shine that is given and that is not enough.

I don't think he is the messiah that he has been made out to be. However under the current ownership I don't think any manager could get Dem Blades out of the Pub League.

Again....

Please can you inform me how many League 1 and Championship games Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaw, Clyne and Chambers have played between them under Adkins? You can have a combined answer for all 3, or separate each one.

I said before the season started that it doesn't matter who united have in the hot seat they will never go anywhere under mccabes strange chairmanship.

Adkins is proven at this level but needs backing at board level.

I said before the season started that it doesn't matter who united have in the hot seat they will never go anywhere under mccabes strange chairmanship.

This. 110% this.

How much backing do you need to get out of a Tin Pot league?............Millions?,Billions?.............how much money do you have to spend to beat Tin Pot Teams?..............we,ve just suffered some defeats against Tin Pot clubs,how much have they spent to get the better of us?

How much backing do you need to get out of a Tin Pot league?............Millions?,Billions?.............how much money do you have to spend to beat Tin Pot Teams?..............we,ve just suffered some defeats against Tin Pot clubs,how much have they spent to get the better of us?

So are you implying Adkins cant get the best out of this team, regardless of spend?

So are you implying Adkins cant get the best out of this team, regardless of spend?

No he is implying that even if Adkins gets the best out of the squad promotion will not be possible because the squad is not good enough and needs money spending rather than the best players been sold for a quick buck.