10yr old son attacked because of footy shirt

They have probably learned this bahaviour from their parents who most likely have no social skills

You probably have a point with that. I know of a couple of brothers who go to a local school. They are about 11 and they are savages. Horrible bullies who prey on the weaker kids. When someone whos little girl was being routinely attacked by the pair at school tried to approach the 'dad' he went ballistic in the school yard. Shouting swearing and making threats then come out with the line 'Well boys will be boys'.

I mean come on!!

What a pathetic excuse for a parent!

So sorry to hear these stories, hope your son recovers but sometimes the memories don't fade.

Hope the lads responsible get whats coming to them.

Disgusting behaviour,he sounds the sort of little sh@t who if he didn't have the football rivalry as an excuse, would have found another reason to act the bully.Hope your lads ok.

Get him to watch a real mans game, rugby. No doubt he would feel much safer and enjoy it much more than the nancyball he now watches.

Angel1.

Tonight my 10yr old was attacked for wearing his United shirt.

Now I know we all think the sun shines out of our kids backsides but in this case it's true.

The few lads on here who know me will know how soft my son is, unlike me he's polite well behaved and very respectful.

Well the last few days my son has had some older lads abusing him and his friend for wearing his United shirts, he was playing football and the last few nights they have been shouting the usual things like pig and wawaw and so on.

Anyway at he just ignores it and tells me when he returns home and we just laugh it off has banter.

Around tea time they decided to go one further and one decided run up behind him and booted him a few times! These lads are all in high school and my lad primary,

Anyway my 10yr old was with his 8yr old sister so he was attacked repeatedly by one certain kid backed up by a 13yr old and 2 other lads.

The 13yr old instigator was abusing him about United and saying he gonna cry! When my lad said no he was punched in the face! He set off running with his sister only to be caught up and punched in the eye and kicked while crying and his sister hysterical.

Luckily I don't allow them to go far so it was just round corner otherwise it could have been a lot worse.

I'm still steaming about this but how can it not be safe to allow your kids out wearing a footy shirt?

I know it's nothing to do with Sheffield Wednesday or any of the normal fans but come on they are kids for Christ sake!

To make matters worse the police have said if they have no previous they will get away with a warning which again got me fuming but that's another story.

I honestly can't sleep because I'm that mad, I honestly am flabbergasted that a 10yr old would get attacked just for supporting his team and wearing his shirt.

Sorry for the rant.

Yes not a bitch about Wednesday either who I must begrudgingly say got a decent result tonight.

Disgusting mate and they need a slap themselves for being silly little boys playing up to there mates. Like i always say eith the football violence thing, there is plenty of boys who are game so why pick on a inocent fan when you could have a like minded idiot ? I tell you why its because there cowards mate, if i saw a wednesdayite hitting a normall fan for nothing i would be slapping the wednesday fan.

Ring the local secondary schools in you area, if your kids could identify these charmers they could be

dealt with. The school could show you photos of all children from which the culprits could be identified,

Hope your kids are ok soonThis has nothing to do with owls or blades just thugs

Ring the local secondary schools in you area, if your kids could identify these charmers they could be

dealt with. The school could show you photos of all children from which the culprits could be identified,

They are thugs but its football related ie his shirt.

---------- Post added 25-09-2015 at 01:15 ----------

You probably have a point with that. I know of a couple of brothers who go to a local school. They are about 11 and they are savages. Horrible bullies who prey on the weaker kids. When someone whos little girl was being routinely attacked by the pair at school tried to approach the 'dad' he went ballistic in the school yard. Shouting swearing and making threats then come out with the line 'Well boys will be boys'.

I mean come on!!

What a pathetic excuse for a parent!

Thats the problem isnt it ? Its most of the time the parents who set these young learning vessels up for a life of distruction and pain. All i know is if that was my daughter believe me there would have been trouble :rant:

Not a good idea that's why I said in my post the head teacher should talk to all the children about this. Singling people out can cause more harm than good in the long run.

Tonight my 10yr old was attacked for wearing his United shirt.

Now I know we all think the sun shines out of our kids backsides but in this case it's true.

The few lads on here who know me will know how soft my son is, unlike me he's polite well behaved and very respectful.

Well the last few days my son has had some older lads abusing him and his friend for wearing his United shirts, he was playing football and the last few nights they have been shouting the usual things like pig and wawaw and so on.

Anyway at he just ignores it and tells me when he returns home and we just laugh it off has banter.

Around tea time they decided to go one further and one decided run up behind him and booted him a few times! These lads are all in high school and my lad primary,

Anyway my 10yr old was with his 8yr old sister so he was attacked repeatedly by one certain kid backed up by a 13yr old and 2 other lads.

The 13yr old instigator was abusing him about United and saying he gonna cry! When my lad said no he was punched in the face! He set off running with his sister only to be caught up and punched in the eye and kicked while crying and his sister hysterical.

Luckily I don't allow them to go far so it was just round corner otherwise it could have been a lot worse.

I'm still steaming about this but how can it not be safe to allow your kids out wearing a footy shirt?

I know it's nothing to do with Sheffield Wednesday or any of the normal fans but come on they are kids for Christ sake!

To make matters worse the police have said if they have no previous they will get away with a warning which again got me fuming but that's another story.

I honestly can't sleep because I'm that mad, I honestly am flabbergasted that a 10yr old would get attacked just for supporting his team and wearing his shirt.

Sorry for the rant.

Yes not a bitch about Wednesday either who I must begrudgingly say got a decent result tonight.

At least you did the right thing involving the police , even if the response wasn't what you had hoped . As a younger man I might have been tempted to "take the law" , into my own hands and give them a taste of their own medicine . ( not a good example to your kids , but satisfying for a short time ) , but fortunately we grow out of it . I hope your kids are all ok .

I'm sure today's result against Donny will have cheered your lad up .:hihi:

Having read the initial post I'm ****** steaming now. If I understand this thread correctly the Police are actually doing nothing ? The Police really annoy me. Not saying its the same thing but have they learned anything from the Rotherham abuse saga ?

There is a mantra in Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Adults for that matter " never ever do nothing". Surely this was a very serious assault.

Any Police who come on here care to comment, perhaps not exactly about any specific situation but about such behaviour generally ?

If these were adults the perpetrator would be looking at a custodial sentence ....or would they ?

Why I hate football. For some reason it attracts the tribal caveman mentality.

There's lots of other, much better sports out there to follow that don't attract the mob mentality. Get your kids into martial art sports, there's threads on the forums for such clubs in the area.