10yr old son attacked because of footy shirt

Tonight my 10yr old was attacked for wearing his United shirt.

Now I know we all think the sun shines out of our kids backsides but in this case it's true.

The few lads on here who know me will know how soft my son is, unlike me he's polite well behaved and very respectful.

Well the last few days my son has had some older lads abusing him and his friend for wearing his United shirts, he was playing football and the last few nights they have been shouting the usual things like pig and wawaw and so on.

Anyway at he just ignores it and tells me when he returns home and we just laugh it off has banter.

Around tea time they decided to go one further and one decided run up behind him and booted him a few times! These lads are all in high school and my lad primary,

Anyway my 10yr old was with his 8yr old sister so he was attacked repeatedly by one certain kid backed up by a 13yr old and 2 other lads.

The 13yr old instigator was abusing him about United and saying he gonna cry! When my lad said no he was punched in the face! He set off running with his sister only to be caught up and punched in the eye and kicked while crying and his sister hysterical.

Luckily I don't allow them to go far so it was just round corner otherwise it could have been a lot worse.

I'm still steaming about this but how can it not be safe to allow your kids out wearing a footy shirt?

I know it's nothing to do with Sheffield Wednesday or any of the normal fans but come on they are kids for Christ sake!

To make matters worse the police have said if they have no previous they will get away with a warning which again got me fuming but that's another story.

I honestly can't sleep because I'm that mad, I honestly am flabbergasted that a 10yr old would get attacked just for supporting his team and wearing his shirt.

Sorry for the rant.

Yes not a bitch about Wednesday either who I must begrudgingly say got a decent result tonight.

Edited by Manorblade

I'd be fuming too pal, surly It should be dealt with as an assault! that's a serious offence no matter what the age.

Hope your lad is ok and you get It sorted, There really is some scum about and some bullies will find anything to target someone different to themselves. They're not real owls they're just idiots :(

Pathetic, truly pathetic but it's the way some animals act I'm afraid.

I'd be fuming too pal, surly It should be dealt with as an assault! that's a serious offence no matter what the age.

Hope your lad is ok and you get It sorted, There really is some scum about and some bullies will find anything to target someone different to themselves. They're not real owls they're just idiots :(

exactly, disgusting. i'd be straight round to the parents if I could find out who it was. I hope it doesn't put him off going out or wearing his shirt.

Go along with your kids next time they go out to play, when the nasty little sods turn up again collar one and drag them home to their parents.

Then have it out with the parents about their foul offspring.

exactly, disgusting. i'd be straight round to the parents if I could find out who it was. I hope it doesn't put him off going out or wearing his shirt.

Thing is, if the their kids act like that, how do the "parents" carry on. Sometime it's best to just forget it

. Sometime it's best to just forget it

Easily said, hard to carry out.

I'd be the same as the OP if it was my son.

Yep I would go mental if that was my kid, would definitely be hard to keep calm about that.

Hope your son and daughter are both ok anyway.

Sorry to hear about what happened.

If you know which school they are from then maybe get in touch with the head teacher at the school so that he/she can have a serious talk to ALL of the children.

Me too. I live very close and im genuinely shocked at this. Hurting someone so much younger is bad enough but for the shirt hes wearing?

Vile!!!

Me too. I live very close and im genuinely shocked at this. Hurting someone so much younger is bad enough but for the shirt hes wearing?

Vile!!!

They have probably learned this bahaviour from their parents who most likely have no social skills