Forge Valley School - Issues

Unsure how old you are jaffa1 but I am 40 and we had teacher training days back when I was at school so they are hardly a new thing and do you think it's just forge that have them :loopy:

There's nothing :loopy: about being old.

The school has more serious issues arising than the universally uncomfortable training days.

agree , but saying that perhaps that school needs extra training days:hihi::hihi:

Getting annoyed at the amount of supply techers the school is having, some arnt even ones that teach that subject , my child has had at least 6 this week? I know staff n headteacher sees this thread be good to have a answer why?

National shortage of teachers means many schools have supply in. Tories say it isn't so but all schools can do is advertise. They can't force teachers to work for them!

Teachers often Google schools before interview, schools constantly being slagged off are not seen as appealing places to work.

I went to this school when it was a quiet little school, I left in the final year of it being Myers Grove. Yes it was a bit rough and ready but nothing serious ever happened and the staff all had a good relationship with the pupils. Now, judging by what I've read, it's gone the same way as other merged schools, down hill. The same thing happened with Westfield Sports College.

I went to this school when it was a quiet little school, I left in the final year of it being Myers Grove. Yes it was a bit rough and ready but nothing serious ever happened and the staff all had a good relationship with the pupils. Now, judging by what I've read, it's gone the same way as other merged schools, down hill. The same thing happened with Westfield Sports College.

Think that was one of many parents Worries of the Merger , Only problem now we all stuck with it , and with more teachers set to leave after xmas for different reasons , this will mean more supply teachers and in-turn got to have a affect on childs education ?

Since when did Westfield merge? I left in 2008 after the new school had been built, also after it had been re-branded as a Sports College and as of then it had not merged

Getting annoyed at the amount of supply techers the school is having, some arnt even ones that teach that subject , my child has had at least 6 this week? I know staff n headteacher sees this thread be good to have a answer why?

Had to try to deal with headteacher recently. The man is like a fish out of water.

Edited by Walkley0 Mum
typo

Not sure if this is good news or bad Forge Rs teacher has left and Maths Teacher jobs wanted.

Not sure if this is good news or bad Forge Rs teacher has left and Maths Teacher jobs wanted.

Great opportunity for you there to apply then and finally show them how it's gone for real rather than running it down on here.

I went to this school when it was a quiet little school, I left in the final year of it being Myers Grove.
if you left school while still at Myers, you can't have gone to Forge (which I assume is this "quiet little school") which opened after Myers shut.

It don't stack up mate .... either one of us got it wrong or you are posting for the sake of it ??

Edited by hyper

The RS teacher left for personal reasons, nothing to do with the running of the school.