Forge Valley School - Issues

Passing this on to Parents - Headteacher has said if you have any issues/problems by all means contact him or pass on your views by email .

or make a appointment to see him .

I know a lot of parents have problems and so do pupils at the school and are in the middle of coming together as some form of group on the problems ,However I think its a positive that the headteacher has said this and wants to listen .

so in my opinion upto you to take him up on his offer (but I don't think he wants all coming at once lol) so perhaps odd few come together .

Edited by barmyowls

However I think its a positive that the headteacher has said this and wants to listen .

Good. Hope that this is evidence that he's listening.

Whether he can do anything about it other that utter platitudes and palliate the situation remains to be seen.

He was handed a poisoned chalice when he took over and has had to operate within constraints imposed upon him externally. Staff morale always has been bad and remains so. Many experienced (and more expensive) teaching and support staff have left or been kicked out and, due to reducing budgets or the settling of expensive mistakes from the past, he's going to experience more of the same because there's going to be less money next year.

The communication between school and parents is not going to improve- there isn't the manpower (expect this to decline) or willpower. Despite signs that they are trying to reach out to the wider school community there is little evidence to show that they really want to or know how to do this- the experience has been sent packing. Indeed, this little inroad into the forum smacks of a desire for the school to control what is being said about the issues rather than dealing with the cause of issues which he knows is beyond his control.

Parents should cast their mind back to the ill fated "parents forum" which was instigated by the previous regime when the school opened, something which I really tried my best to be involved with. It was a cynical attempt to have a small group of parents supportive of the, now proven poor management, control the agenda. Any criticism was just not allowed but if they'd listened then things might have been different now.

If he's going to listen and do something about the real issues then excellent, he'll get my and my families support and things will get better for everyone.

But, it smacks of controlling the agenda not dealing with the issues.

Edited by Walkley0 Mum
typo

..... Indeed, this little inroad into the forum smacks of a desire for the school to control what is being said about the issues rather than dealing with the cause of issues which he knows is beyond his control.....

[my bold] - just for clarity, are you saying that the OP has been submitted by someone from within the school to manage PR?

Walkleymum I agree 100% , however I think if true that the head will listen and help the community come together is a positive step .

However if not - Keep your eye on parents who are fast forming a group and pupils who are not happy !! theres trouble coming I understand

Im sitting on the fence on this one for now , and seeing if anything can and will be done

Again I do urge all parents to take the Headteachers offer up . and see where it leads first.

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 13:36 ----------

[my bold] - just for clarity, are you saying that the OP has been submitted by someone from within the school to manage PR?

Those who know me , will know im deffo not PR person for FV :hihi: and never will be

No. I'm not implicating barmyowls at all.

The school places a great deal of faith in PR and will employ it in all it's forms wherever it can rather than deal with the cause of the problems. If an opportunity arises they will exploit it.

Divide and rule has been their weapon of choice since the old head went.

Edited by Walkley0 Mum
bit missing

The problem is the type of people that get headships are usually mates with the right people and that is why they get the job subsequently the school fails as the person with the right skills was never employed for the job!

The problem is the type of people that get headships are usually mates with the right people and that is why they get the job subsequently the school fails as the person with the right skills was never employed for the job!

ha ha ha

You don't think there is a rigourous interview process then?

Given that he came from another area (remember that he was in the "educating yorkshire" school) who might he have known here to get the job?

That probably says more about your knowledge of the recruitment system than it does about the headteacher..

The skool has big problems , think something has to be done , not sure anyone knows a solution to them apart from bring the parents together in a public meeting and the head teacher listening

ha ha ha

You don't think there is a rigourous interview process then?

Given that he came from another area (remember that he was in the "educating yorkshire" school) who might he have known here to get the job?

Mmm well it's an academy so the rules on interviewing are notoriously lax compared to vacancies in Local Authority schools.

A lot of theses jobs are given on a nod and a wink to favoured people

Mmm well it's an academy so the rules on interviewing are notoriously lax compared to vacancies in Local Authority schools.

A lot of theses jobs are given on a nod and a wink to favoured people

Any evidence of this notorious laxity, or nod and wink appointment system, or just something you've made up?

Any evidence of this notorious laxity, or nod and wink appointment system, or just something you've made up?

I'd also like to hear the evidence.