A rhetorical Question

Back on topic: maybe a better question/point is the placing of a '?' at the end of an indirect question; perhaps that what was meant.

Examples (both correct):

1. "Is this a rhetorical question?"

But

2. "I asked whether this is a rhetorical question."

1 is a question and 2 is a statement. I can't see why anybody would be confused about that.

Back on topic: maybe a better question/point is the placing of a '?' at the end of an indirect question; perhaps that what was meant.

Examples (both correct):

1. "Is this a rhetorical question?"

But

2. "I asked whether this is a rhetorical question."

According to Vague Boys link, a rhetorical question starts with a negative and a question mark, exclamation mark or full stop can be used, so.

Isn't this a rhetorical question. Wouldn't always need a question mark, but,

Is this a rhetorical question? Would.

I'm getting even more confused.

According to Vague Boys link, a rhetorical question starts with a negative and a question mark, exclamation mark or full stop can be used, so.

Isn't this a rhetorical question. Wouldn't always need a question mark, but,

Is this a rhetorical question? Would.

I'm getting even more confused.

i don't believe they know what they're talking about. A rhetorical question is said to make a point rather than to elicit a reply. "Wasn't that a good film?" is not a rhetorical question as it expects a reply. Questions like "Isn't she a bitch?", or "Where does the time go?"are rhetorical. You always finish with a question mark as it is a question, and doesn't necessarily have to start with a negative.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rhetorical+question

Why don't people think before typing things into their computers whilst they are connected to the intrawebs?

I thought you'd be in your twenties since you have a positive and youthful outlook on life that is a pleasure to read.

Then again. . . I secretly hoped you'd be a pseudonym of French footy hero Michelle Platini, who helped his nation win the European football championship in 198...4 (close enough)

Nah! I'm just immature :hihi:

And sorry to disappoint! I nuz nowt abaht footy :D

i don't believe they know what they're talking about. A rhetorical question is said to make a point rather than to elicit a reply. "Wasn't that a good film?" is not a rhetorical question as it expects a reply. Questions like "Isn't she a bitch?", or "Where does the time go?"are rhetorical. You always finish with a question mark as it is a question, and doesn't necessarily have to start with a negative.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rhetorical+question

Why don't people think before typing things into their computers whilst they are connected to the intrawebs?

This machine is connected to the Internet? Like other people? I thought all this was just a really good AI program that kept you amused...