The kids are back in town!

There are some right miserable old chuffs on here. What exactly is a disgrace? People going out and having a good time?

Remember that time you had fun once? Awful wasn't it...

Getting paraletic, falling about the streets being sick and a nuisance is fun? sorry must have missed that bit.

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 16:27 ----------

Like the time 2 random girls walked in to my flat in town and spewed all over my carpet. That was hilarious. Couldnt stop laughing.

There are some right miserable old chuffs on here. What exactly is a disgrace? People going out and having a good time?

Remember that time you had fun once? Awful wasn't it...

Nothing wrong with having but behaving like complete and utter *****, not caring about their neighbours

It is often the case the students give no regard for where they live. I bet they wouldnt treat their neighbours in student housing like they treat them at their parents house......

There's certainly a buzz that has come back to the city centre after a very quiet summer.

There's people throwing up on west street on a Friday and Saturday night all year round, not just when students are here. I find that people who think that students are 'living in a bubble', are probably living in that very bubble themselves.

The University of Sheffield has so many ongoing projects and brings so much to the city centre. They run many projects to help the homeless and victims of crimes who need support. All of this run by students who aren't originally from our city. Just because it's the first few days for the students doesn't necessarily mean they aren't 'integrated', I'm sure many of us would struggle to initially find out feet if we moved to a new city/town initially.

Like the time 2 random girls walked in to my flat in town and spewed all over my carpet. That was hilarious. Couldnt stop laughing.

I'm imagining that and its bringing a smile to my face. :hihi:

It's ridiculous that people move away from home for 3 years to study at a former poly. Oxbridge? Sure, that can be justified. Redbricks? You can just about understand that. But people kid themselves that moving away from home, getting yourself (or your parents) into massive amounts of debt for a 2:1 from a second rate university is some kind of "right of passage". It isn't. It's just extended adolescence, people don't grow up until they are working and fending for themselves.

It's ridiculous that people move away from home for 3 years to study at a former poly.

Actually Hallam has a graduate employment rate of 89% when comparing this to the employment rate for school and college leavers , it seems perfectly justified to study at a 'former poly'.

I'm imagining that and its bringing a smile to my face. :hihi:

you dont know what i did in reply. That brought a smile to my face too.

It's ridiculous that people move away from home for 3 years to study at a former poly. Oxbridge? Sure, that can be justified. Redbricks? You can just about understand that. But people kid themselves that moving away from home, getting yourself (or your parents) into massive amounts of debt for a 2:1 from a second rate university is some kind of "right of passage". It isn't. It's just extended adolescence, people don't grow up until they are working and fending for themselves.

Thanks for making me laugh, so at least your post wan't a complete waste of time. :hihi:

I agree, being a student and working and living on your own two feet are very different things

I wonder how many students would cope with being moved to god forbid gleadless or waterthorpe and told "go and get a job"

Nothing wrong with having but behaving like complete and utter *****, not caring about their neighbours

It is often the case the students give no regard for where they live. I bet they wouldnt treat their neighbours in student housing like they treat them at their parents house......

I agree. since when did having fun involve ruining environment, disrespecting neighbours and community. Just being generally anti social and a pain in the ass?

I agree, being a student and working and living on your own two feet are very different things

I wonder how many students would cope with being moved to god forbid gleadless or waterthorpe and told "go and get a job"

Most of them do have a job while they are at uni. And most of them do then go on and graduate and work in their chosen career. They aren't 'told' to go and get job, they normally use their own initiative and go out and get one.

Most of them do have a job while they are at uni. And most of them do then go on and graduate and work in their chosen career. They aren't 'told' to go and get job, they normally use their own initiative and go out and get one.

Most of them are working down Tesco on graduation.

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 16:18 ----------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-33983048

Most graduates 'in non-graduate jobs', says CIPD

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 16:19 ----------

The majority of UK university graduates are working in jobs that do not require a degree, with over-qualification at "saturation point", a report claims.

Overall, 58.8% of graduates are in jobs deemed to be non-graduate roles, according to the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.

It said the number of graduates had now "significantly outstripped" the creation of high-skilled jobs.