The kids are back in town!

I was out in town last night, the students were behaving well as usual, the only badly behaved people were some football supporters. I am disappointed to see some of the sniping anti-student posts on this thread. I assume the posters did not get the chance to go to University themselves and are consumed with envy.

I actually went to Uni,

I was in town today on Division Street & these 2 guys were in 70s retro style gear (wigs, tight fitting shorts & skin tight t shirts) carrying a ghetto blaster playing the BeeGees. I'm pretty certain that was students - can't imagine any Sheffielder doing that!!

I was out in town last night, the students were behaving well as usual, the only badly behaved people were some football supporters. I am disappointed to see some of the sniping anti-student posts on this thread. I assume the posters did not get the chance to go to University themselves and are consumed with envy.

My thoughts exactly.

Student envy is a terrible thing and if you did go to Uni and still feel envious of todays students you obviously didn't enjoy yourself enough when you were there !

My thoughts exactly.

Student envy is a terrible thing and if you did go to Uni and still feel envious of todays students you obviously didn't enjoy yourself enough when you were there !

I myself had a great time :)

Hello there,

I would like to thank every body welcomed the students to Sheffield , as I am one of the students just came to Sheffield. And also I do not blame people who expressed annoyance to students.

First of all you have to be proud that everybody comes from all around the world to study in the Great British Higher Education System. I respect locals and and always try to know the culture more to avoid acting in a way which may annoy locals here.

What I Felt since I came to Sheffield, people are wonderful , friendly , and helpful here.

Please Please Please ,,, we do speak english but can not speak your accent fluently. So be patient with us.

Whilst on the whole I can see the benefits to Sheffield of having students I think some don't have any respect for the rest of the community. For my sins I am a carer and have to work nights which means I have to sleep in at person's house. The area I work in is mainly a student area but has other people living within ie people with learning disabilities. Since freshers week started we have had no end of trouble with partying to all hours in the morning, students parking in bays clearly signed for residents and last Saturday a group of students physical picking up a car and blocking an emergency exit for vulnerable people. As expected the police were called and said car was towed away. When other members of the community have to work the next day on top of a night of little sleep students should think more responsibility about their behaviour.:rant:

Edited by Rivelin6