The kids are back in town!

So its acceptable for you to get slaughtered but not them?

Not in the town centre because thats terrifying. Somewhere civilised where you can sit quietly and harumph about how dreadful everything is

Exactly. I drink somewhere civilised. Not rolling around the floor, urinating and vomiting.

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 19:34 ----------

Well, I'm just trying to clarify what behaviour you consider to be allowed. There seems to be an awful lot that you don't like.

Is talking loudly allowed? How about laughing in public?

dont be riduculous.

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 19:35 ----------

I actually think students shouldn't live in ghettos and actually live in places like waterthorpe , gleadless.......

Then they be even more downtrodden areas...

Exactly. I drink somewhere civilised. Not rolling around the floor, urinating and vomiting.
I was able to obtain footage of you at the pub

Edited by nikki-red

Thats a brilliant idea. Move them way out of the way of university infrastructure and way out of walking distance so they have to spend money they don't have on transport to get there

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 19:43 ----------

Lol. I leave the pipe at home sometimes

You do know what your doing is classic prejudiced behaviour - the overgeneralisation of negative traits.

You do know what your doing is classic prejudiced behaviour - the overgeneralisation of negative traits.

by saying i dont approve of randoms being sick on my carpet? Sorry but its wrong.

Thats a brilliant idea. Move them way out of the way of university infrastructure and way out of walking distance so they have to spend money they don't have on transport to get there

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 19:43 ----------

Nothing wrong with them having to use the tram and buses! i think if they were spread around the city and lived in all areas it would be much better for everyone

by saying i dont approve of randoms being sick on my carpet? Sorry but its wrong.

Yes the individuals behaviour was wrong no ones defending that, but then you use that, and a minority of others behaviour to attack all students. You are overgeneralising the students negative traits.

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 20:57 ----------

Nothing wrong with them having to use the tram and buses! i think if they were spread around the city and lived in all areas it would be much better for everyone

Surely the students can live wherever they want to?

Edited by JFKvsNixon

Yes the individuals behaviour was wrong no ones defending that, but then you that, and a minority of others behaviour to attack all students. You are overgeneralising the students negative traits.

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 20:57 ----------

Surely the students can live wherever they want to?

Of course i just think it would be better without the student ghetto areas and they live every where

The only time we noticeably see any amount of students are when we goto Bramall Lane, there's such a lot of student accomodation down in S2... so no major issues interacting with them recently.

As others have said, it's the lack of road safety awareness of mainly students (of all ages), just aimlessly walking into the road while concentrating on their phone or headphones, that's more annoying and worrying - it's totally understandable that you may feel a bit lost in a strange city (and there are some strange parts of this city!), but for a supposedly intelligent young adult, they should be capable of crossing the road without being a nuisance, for their safety! :)

Hopefully they all have a good and safe time, do well in their courses and some of them go onto positions of influence, where maybe they will look back on Sheffield fondly, and do something to give something back to the city if possible. :)

And as far as Gleadless and Waterthorpe go, there are far worse places than both in Sheffield! Surprised that Waterthorpe seems so unknown to many on here, maybe if they had said the neighbouring Crystal Peaks instead, it would've been more recognisable...?

A very fair description of the situation in Sheffield. We need these students, even if they annoy some of us occasionally. Let us be the big guys that can welcome them, the posh southerners, the mancs, the east asians. These are the people who will be educating our kids, prescribing our cancer treatment, helping us through our legal problems, advising us on our debts. Why would we not love them?

A very fair description of the situation in Sheffield. We need these students, even if they annoy some of us occasionally. Let us be the big guys that can welcome them, the posh southerners, the mancs, the east asians. These are the people who will be educating our kids, prescribing our cancer treatment, helping us through our legal problems, advising us on our debts. Why would we not love them?

Sheffield certainly does needs its students , without it would be some where like Grimsby.....

There are some right miserable old chuffs on here. What exactly is a disgrace? People going out and having a good time?

Remember that time you had fun once? Awful wasn't it...

Too right. I'm 68 and I still enjoy the odd Saturday night down West Street.

Too right. I'm 68 and I still enjoy the odd Saturday night down West Street.

Me to i love a good night! out!