The kids are back in town!

You seem to be describing being drunk as anti-social, along with chewing gum and a variety of other behaviours that most people consider to be normal.

To be clear then, students getting drunk is okay by you?

Trolling fool.

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 18:47 ----------

You seem to be describing being drunk as anti-social, along with chewing gum and a variety of other behaviours that most people consider to be normal.

To be clear then, students getting drunk is okay by you?

You can get intoxicated without anti social behaviour believe or not.

The only time we noticeably see any amount of students are when we goto Bramall Lane, there's such a lot of student accomodation down in S2... so no major issues interacting with them recently.

As others have said, it's the lack of road safety awareness of mainly students (of all ages), just aimlessly walking into the road while concentrating on their phone or headphones, that's more annoying and worrying - it's totally understandable that you may feel a bit lost in a strange city (and there are some strange parts of this city!), but for a supposedly intelligent young adult, they should be capable of crossing the road without being a nuisance, for their safety! :)

Hopefully they all have a good and safe time, do well in their courses and some of them go onto positions of influence, where maybe they will look back on Sheffield fondly, and do something to give something back to the city if possible. :)

And as far as Gleadless and Waterthorpe go, there are far worse places than both in Sheffield! Surprised that Waterthorpe seems so unknown to many on here, maybe if they had said the neighbouring Crystal Peaks instead, it would've been more recognisable...?

A lot of kids seem to be ferried everywhere by their parents, I've heard some of them say that the first time they ever got on a bus or walked anywhere on their own was when they got to "uni". It's ridiculous IMO.

Trolling fool.

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 18:47 ----------

Well, I'm just trying to clarify what behaviour you consider to be allowed. There seems to be an awful lot that you don't like.

Is talking loudly allowed? How about laughing in public?

So its acceptable for you to get slaughtered but not them?

Not in the town centre because thats terrifying. Somewhere civilised where you can sit quietly and harumph about how dreadful everything is

I actually think students shouldn't live in ghettos and actually live in places like waterthorpe , gleadless.......

The only time we noticeably see any amount of students are when we goto Bramall Lane, there's such a lot of student accomodation down in S2... so no major issues interacting with them recently.

As others have said, it's the lack of road safety awareness of mainly students (of all ages), just aimlessly walking into the road while concentrating on their phone or headphones, that's more annoying and worrying - it's totally understandable that you may feel a bit lost in a strange city (and there are some strange parts of this city!), but for a supposedly intelligent young adult, they should be capable of crossing the road without being a nuisance, for their safety! :)

Hopefully they all have a good and safe time, do well in their courses and some of them go onto positions of influence, where maybe they will look back on Sheffield fondly, and do something to give something back to the city if possible. :)

And as far as Gleadless and Waterthorpe go, there are far worse places than both in Sheffield! Surprised that Waterthorpe seems so unknown to many on here, maybe if they had said the neighbouring Crystal Peaks instead, it would've been more recognisable...?

Being intelligent and having common sense are two very separate things and don't always go hand in hand.

Edited by Daven

A lot of kids seem to be ferried everywhere by their parents, I've heard some of them say that the first time they ever got on a bus or walked anywhere on their own was when they got to "uni". It's ridiculous IMO.

I've never heard people admit to that. But then I don't eavesdrop on people's conversations

And your problem with that is exactly ? How many times exactly have you actually heard a student at university stating that he/she has never got on a bus or walked anywhere on there own at the age of 18 ? Do you spend a lot of time with 18 year olds ?

I actually think students shouldn't live in ghettos and actually live in places like waterthorpe , gleadless.......

Many miles from where they need to be for lectures... Why?

And your problem with that is exactly ? How many times exactly have you actually heard a student at university stating that he/she has never got on a bus or walked anywhere on there own at the age of 18 ? Do you spend a lot of time with 18 year olds ?

No but I work with plenty of 20-25 year olds.