The kids are back in town!

I think its fair to say we are agreed the students are back in Sheffield.

I think its fair to say we are agreed the students are back in Sheffield.

Yes i see feckless types loitering

There's certainly a buzz that has come back to the city centre after a very quiet summer.

There's people throwing up on west street on a Friday and Saturday night all year round, not just when students are here. I find that people who think that students are 'living in a bubble', are probably living in that very bubble themselves.

The University of Sheffield has so many ongoing projects and brings so much to the city centre. They run many projects to help the homeless and victims of crimes who need support. All of this run by students who aren't originally from our city. Just because it's the first few days for the students doesn't necessarily mean they aren't 'integrated', I'm sure many of us would struggle to initially find out feet if we moved to a new city/town initially.

Those on here who have so much time to whinge and whine about the student population are living their lives with much regret that they didn't get to University and missed out on the student life and the fun that goes along with that. 'Student envy' it is called.

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 18:00 ----------

Most of them do have a job while they are at uni. And most of them do then go on and graduate and work in their chosen career. They aren't 'told' to go and get job, they normally use their own initiative and go out and get one.

All of my 3 children have been to University and each one of then held down jobs as well as working their way through the difficult courses they studied for 3 years. We weren't in a position to fund them for the 3 years they were there.

All of them are now employed in jobs they enjoy and are living enjoyable and worthwhile lives.

Yes i see feckless types loitering

Yes! These are the type of people that moan about students going to uni

It's just extended adolescence, people don't grow up until they are working and fending for themselves.

I take it you've never worked and still live with your parents.

Like the time 2 random girls walked in to my flat in town and spewed all over my carpet. That was hilarious. Couldnt stop laughing.
I think I speak for us all when I say...

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I think I speak for us all when I say...

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Girl got charged and prosecuted. :hihi::hihi:

I agree. since when did having fun involve ruining environment, disrespecting neighbours and community. Just being generally anti social and a pain in the ass?

I suppose you never went to the pub and/or got drunk as a student.

You certainly don't go to the pub in town now, as it scares you being in S1.

Girl got charged and prosecuted. :hihi::hihi:
still funny that it happened to a miserable joy vampire like you

I suppose you never went to the pub and/or got drunk as a student.

You certainly don't go to the pub in town now, as it scares you being in S1.

Many times. Get drunk in pubs now. Point being?

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 17:35 ----------

still funny that it happened to a miserable joy vampire like you

That says more about you then me pal.

Most of them do have a job while they are at uni. And most of them do then go on and graduate and work in their chosen career. They aren't 'told' to go and get job, they normally use their own initiative and go out and get one.

They all seem to cope with getting a job and a house when they graduate... :huh:

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 18:35 ----------

Many times. Get drunk in pubs now. Point being?

Just that it's rather hypocritical of you to behave in such an anti social manner.

They all seem to cope with getting a job and a house when they graduate... :huh:

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 18:35 ----------

Just that it's rather hypocritical of you to behave in such an anti social manner.

Getting drunk in pubs is anti social? Since when.