Mandatory Fidgeting.. I think so!

Fidgeting is good for you, according to the Guardian - which I totally agree. It's a little obvious but I bet not many people who sit at their desk every day for large proportions of the day realise the importance of moving about, going for a walk or fidgeting.

I also happen to think that PE/physical exercise should be done for one hour a day before lessons start at school.

Moving about, releases endorphins which is good for emotional health too. Does anyone else think schools and actually, even work places should implement this? Make it mandatory.

Good for overall health!

A lot of workplaces make use of timers that tell workers to move around for 10 minutes every hour. I encountered it at the University of Sheffield when I worked as a Researcher. I found the best way to fulfil that requirement was by being a smoker, but my wife disagreed...

I'm a fidgeter. I also take my shoes off and sit in the most awkward positions possible on my office chair, until I get pins and needles in my feet :loopy:

If I got up every hour, I'm sure certain people would get the face on with me :suspect:

My son is Dyspraxic and so cannot physically sit still. When at home he usually rocks when he is sitting. Has it's uses i guess!

I'm a fidgeter. I also take my shoes off and sit in the most awkward positions possible on my office chair, until I get pins and needles in my feet :loopy:

If I got up every hour, I'm sure certain people would get the face on with me :suspect:

If they did you could tell them that they are breaking health and safety law.

Lol I do this!..To the amusment of my office colleagues :-)

Fidgeting is good for you, according to the Guardian - which I totally agree. It's a little obvious but I bet not many people who sit at their desk every day for large proportions of the day realise the importance of moving about, going for a walk or fidgeting.

I also happen to think that PE/physical exercise should be done for one hour a day before lessons start at school.

Moving about, releases endorphins which is good for emotional health too. Does anyone else think schools and actually, even work places should implement this? Make it mandatory.

Good for overall health!

Agreed - it's got to be good. Why not - it sounds well logical I think :)