Sheffield United and League 1

A genuine fear of united getting promoted and overtaking Wednesday ,that's brilliant and cheered me up no end.pmsl.

Yeah ok nowt to do with Blades winning in league one:huh:

Different kind of thread,as i already pointed out.The fact that it was started by an Owl means nothing,it always gets started,every week....whatever the results are.

Different kind of thread,as i already pointed out.The fact that it was started by an Owl means nothing,it always gets started,every week....whatever the results are.

ChalgA read back pal, the thread was started to generate some football talk, nothing more, nothing less, it's not a wind up or anything of the sort, and roles reversed I would expect a similar thread for our plight mate. So are you happy at the amount of time you've been in that division, are you happy with the players in and out?

Genuine question, not a dig at all, it seems on PorG every night that there are a lot of disgruntled United fans atm, and that is what is being discussed ultimately.

What would you say if we bought in two players needed for the promotion push. Then went up?

I would probably ask why it was not done when the Prince first came on board and it could have saved you spending the last few years in L1.

Jim Phipps words were " Think Liverpool rather than Man City"

There's certainly a mix of opinions on this from blades.

I know a few blades mates who are very disgruntled at the lack of progress in the last 5/6 years. I also know a few who continually say that the blades are on the up (the 'futures bright it's red and white' brigade).

The same mix exists on PnG, and also on here.

Personally I think it's somewhere in the middle. Things are not rosy, you should be doing better, promised investment has not materialised as much as it should/needs to. But you are steady, and things could be a lot worse.

A genuine fear of united getting promoted and overtaking Wednesday ,that's brilliant and cheered me up no end.pmsl.

well you can't dem blades don't have a sense of humour:)

for the record I still think you'll go up but it wouldn't bother me one bit if they finished above us unless we went down. questions should be asked if they don't go up this season though, no excuses this season now they have the right man in charge. I suppose fans of other fans would say no team has a right to promotion, it has to be earn't. the size of united doesn't give them any extra rights of promotion than say Brentford.

Edited by NERVY-OWL

ChalgA read back pal, the thread was started to generate some football talk, nothing more, nothing less, it's not a wind up or anything of the sort, and roles reversed I would expect a similar thread for our plight mate. So are you happy at the amount of time you've been in that division, are you happy with the players in and out?

Genuine question, not a dig at all, it seems on PorG every night that there are a lot of disgruntled United fans atm, and that is what is being discussed ultimately.

It's getting football talk,as i've already said,I'm not that bothered which division we are in,as long as there is a team to support,that's the main thing.

The same disgruntled ones that there are now,will be the same ones that will be disgruntled if we do go up and start fighting relegation season after season.

You can't satisfy everybody,What happens to the Blades happens,I have no control,so I don't worry about it,we'll go up when we deserve to go up,if we don't deserve to go up,for me,that's fair enough,when we win play offs,perform consistantly enough to get promoted automatic,then great,if that doesn't happen,it doesn't happen,it's football,it's no major disaster,it's games of football,win,lose or draw.........an hour after the game normal service resumes for me and it's on to the next with maybe some comments on here if there is anything relevent from the last weekend............contrary to what some people may think,it's not a matter of life or death,it's a game of football.........if our owners pulled out of the club today,pulled the plug on it,then lets see how disgruntled those supporters get then.

Jim Phipps words were " Think Liverpool rather than Man City"

I wouldn't trust that mans words if he told me night followed day.

---------- Post added 23-09-2015 at 12:17 ----------

There's certainly a mix of opinions on this from blades.

I know a few blades mates who are very disgruntled at the lack of progress in the last 5/6 years. I also know a few who continually say that the blades are on the up (the 'futures bright it's red and white' brigade).

The same mix exists on PnG, and also on here.

Personally I think it's somewhere in the middle. Things are not rosy, you should be doing better, promised investment has not materialised as much as it should/needs to. But you are steady, and things could be a lot worse.

Its just a little odd that McCabe talked up a game changing investment at the time, what has changed, surely just being stable is not game changing, this is the question most fans would like answering.

Of course it was started as a wind up .... :hihi::hihi:

I wouldn't trust that mans words if he told me night followed day.

---------- Post added 23-09-2015 at 12:17 ----------

Its just a little odd that McCabe talked up a game changing investment at the time, what has changed, surely just being stable is not game changing, this is the question most fans would like answering.

When he said Liverpool do you think he mean,t Tranmere Rovers.:hihi:

It's getting football talk,as i've already said,I'm not that bothered which division we are in,as long as there is a team to support,that's the main thing.

The same disgruntled ones that there are now,will be the same ones that will be disgruntled if we do go up and start fighting relegation season after season.

You can't satisfy everybody,What happens to the Blades happens,I have no control,so I don't worry about it,we'll go up when we deserve to go up,if we don't deserve to go up,for me,that's fair enough,when we win play offs,perform consistantly enough to get promoted automatic,then great,if that doesn't happen,it doesn't happen,it's football,it's no major disaster,it's games of football,win,lose or draw.........an hour after the game normal service resumes for me and it's on to the next with maybe some comments on here if there is anything relevent from the last weekend............contrary to what some people may think,it's not a matter of life or death,it's a game of football.........if our owners pulled out of the club today,pulled the plug on it,then lets see how disgruntled those supporters get then.

very true, can't disagree there