Sky Fibre Broadband in Sharrow?

I'm connected to the sharrow exchange also and have just done a sky fibre check and it does say its available, out of interest I did a talktalk check too and that says its not. Must admit, that is a bit confusing :suspect:

I tried Sky again still says not available, then checked BT , Talk Talk and Origin all are offering fibre.... guess its to do with street cabinets.

Phoned Sky to double check still unable to clarify - the operator seemed to be genuinely surprised that Sky were lagging!

Think I'm going to enquire with BT Openreach directly....at least there is no monopoly !

AFAIK there is no way that Sky would be unavailable just from a single street cabinet, as all the routing is done at the exchange. It has to be a glitch on their database.

Why not go with one of the suppliers that is available then?

Why the fascination with Sky??

I would be trying to get in touch with someone higher up at Sky because like I said, I think its a glitch on their end.

No Virgin available in my road

Disillusioned with BT

Phone line already transferred to Sky (yes I should not have assumed that having already had fibre it would be straightforward - I was offered an incredible Sky deal for phone, TV & unlimited regular broadband with an assumption I would be upgrade to fibre almost from day one)

I'm stuffed or at least until 21st Oct when my street cabinet is apparrently going to become fibre enabled.

Coincidence? Luck?

Well I now need to be patient and wait & see what comes to pass

Suspect Sky will be no better than any of the other players since all depend on BT Openreach for the equipment.

Thanks to you 'Forummers' for your advice :thumbsup:

Yea but Sky also throw in their own dogsh*t router as well, and tell you you're not allowed to replace it either.

Winning..............