Newcastle v Wednesday (Match thread)

Wow this game reminds me 16 years and 3 days since you lost 8-0 to Newcastle. :gag:

Edited by footietalk

^^^^not a good omen then.. Not a chance, too much class in the side now.

3-1 to the mighty Wednesday.

Ermmmm we are MIGHTY you are MASSIVE , Do keep up Tim :D

---------- Post added 22-09-2015 at 08:29 ----------

Lets hope we win then we can add "beating Premier League teams" after every utterance on this forum for the next decade :hihi:

Joking aside they are obviously on a massive downer at the moment but (apparently) McLaren's brief pre-season was that they should try and win a cup so pressure on him to get them to perform in this.

You have to beat more than just one Premiership side and they cant be bottom of the table to utter it for the next decade , you had a chance and lost at City 7-0 ;)

Joking aside , don't like Newcastle so hope you beat them 1-0 with it being an OG

I think you can beat em, 3-1 Owls I reckon...

---------- Post added 22-09-2015 at 08:29 ----------

You have to beat more than just one Premiership side and they cant be bottom of the table to utter it for the next decade , you had a chance and lost at City 7-0 ;)

Joking aside , don't like Newcastle so hope you beat them 1-0 with it being an OG

We also had another chance and narrowly lost 2-1, to be honest I don't see "beating Premier League teams" in one off games as any barometer of success as united have proved. :hihi:

I never agreed to that, I think Wednesday are MIGHTY AND MASSIVE and United are Sheffield United who play down't lane. :hihi:

to be honest.i think owls may have a chance against newcastle

newcastle are in dire strights and an avarage championship could go there and gain an upset.

I bet owls fans are buzzing.Only £15 admission.It will be cheaper than prawn mans prices including travel costs/few pints/burger so enjoy your reduced rates day

Wow this game reminds me 16 years and 3 days since you lost 8-0 to Newcastle. :gag:

Someone already posted the 'Highlights' from this game footie - do desist from reminding us further - it truly isn't needed :hihi:

we have a chance if we play our full strength team but i'd rather us rest a few and risk getting beaten. not sure how it will go but Newcastle are nothing special these days, certainly nowhere near as good as when we got thumped by them a few years back

we have a chance if we play our full strength team but i'd rather us rest a few and risk getting beaten. not sure how it will go but Newcastle are nothing special these days, certainly nowhere near as good as when we got thumped by them a few years back

Apparently they have 11 injured so there's an excuse already.

Anybody know what our first team is, because i don,t and i don,t think anyone else does, we have such a big squad and it,s all about opinions.

Apparently they have 11 injured so there's an excuse already.

And you have no excuse for not giving them a tonking