Newcastle v Wednesday (Match thread)

Interesting game this one, I doubt Newcastle need the distraction of the league cup at the moment and for Wednesday its a good chance to give players not in the first eleven frame a chance to show what there about.

Mcgugan has to start for me as he's not had no where near enough game time, and I'd drop Westwood as well as we don't want him injured again.

I'll stick my neck out and go 1-1 Wednesday to win on penalties then draw Chelsea in the next round ;)

Hey up Corks nice to see you setting the thread going.Agree with you over McGugan and

also Westwood , McGugan giving him playing time, and needing Westwood for the Brentford

game.

Word is near on 5,000 Owls fans will be making the journey north,that's tremendous

support.

Reckon CC will make a few changes , hopefully not too many so as not to disrupt the free

flowing football of the recent three matches.

The squad is now large enough to give Newcastle a good game.

McClaren will know how Wednesday have improved recently and I reckon he will field his

strongest starting X1.

A defeat against the Owls will make life more uncomfortable for him.

Should be a good test for us.

Lets hope we win then we can add "beating Premier League teams" after every utterance on this forum for the next decade :hihi:

Joking aside they are obviously on a massive downer at the moment but (apparently) McLaren's brief pre-season was that they should try and win a cup so pressure on him to get them to perform in this.

Probably one the easiest games of the season. And I'm been serious. If you don't win this one... you won't hit the dizzy heights of the championship.

Any credible championship side will turn these lot over.

Probably one the easiest games of the season. And I'm been serious. If you don't win this one... you won't hit the dizzy heights of the championship.

Any credible championship side will turn these lot over.

Mmmmm easiest game of the season, I suppose the first round against Oxford was the toughest then OK then lad :hihi:

Mmmmm easiest game of the season, I suppose the first round against Oxford was the toughest then OK then lad :hihi:

It will be because in terms of mentality. Newcastle won't even want to be there.

It will be because in terms of mentality. Newcastle won't even want to be there.

I would imagine it would still be a harder game than Oxford at home so my point stands.

Do the away fans still sit up in the gods at Newcastle?

Yeah mate I went last time when they were in the championship.

If I was one of 52,000 regulars at St James' Park, and had Mr Sport Direct Man to contend with, I reckon I'd be angry with the past performances as well. They knew they couldn´t get rid of him (can't get his name????!!!!) so whichever manager was in got the brunt of the complaints.

Great club Newcastle, ruined by a money mad pillock.

Some say 'it's his club, so he can do what he wants with it'.

The trouble is, he has done, and look at the mess they've been in for years.

The club was rockin' under Keegan.

I like Newcastle. In fact I like all the North East Clubs (even the ones in red and white stripes). It's a great footballing area. It would be great to see 'Boro finish second to us in the League this year.

I'll just have to settle for 'Boro winning it. That'll do.

Difficult game for us this. Teams on bad runs USED to end 'em against us, and I fear this could be another of those games.

Hope I´m wrong, I've predicted 2-2 with 'castle going through.

If I was one of 52,000 regulars at St James' Park, and had Mr Sport Direct Man to contend with, I reckon I'd be angry with the past performances as well. They knew they couldn´t get rid of him (can't get his name????!!!!) so whichever manager was in got the brunt of the complaints.

Great club Newcastle, ruined by a money mad pillock.

Some say 'it's his club, so he can do what he wants with it'.

The trouble is, he has done, and look at the mess they've been in for years.

The club was rockin' under Keegan.

I like Newcastle. In fact I like all the North East Clubs (even the ones in red and white stripes). It's a great footballing area. It would be great to see 'Boro finish second to us in the League this year.

I'll just have to settle for 'Boro winning it. That'll do.

Difficult game for us this. Teams on bad runs USED to end 'em against us, and I fear this could be another of those games.

Hope I´m wrong, I've predicted 2-2 with 'castle going through.

The problem with Mike Ashley (that is his name I think) is that he came in and started on the wrong foot completely. Over the past years he has actually pumped a lot of money into that team, but the fans are still disgruntled with him. Yet if you look at their past performance and how they are performing now, there isn't a lot in it. Yes they were great for a few years in the PL and again at the start of the century, but that was Shearer's era and they've never found a player like him again.

Having said all that, the turnover of managers at that place has been far too great and will certainly have harmed their progress. New managers bring new players and ideas and it always hurts a team.