Retirement Living

They are owner occupied, leasehold and have no maintenance charges. The downstairs flat has the back garden and the upstairs flat the front one. Each flat has its own front door. They have two bedrooms, are easy to maintain and cheap to run. They are ideal for single people of any age. Hassall built some many years ago but I have also seen similar ones built by Barratts. The first property that I bought when I was a youngster was one of these and I liked it very much, as does the aforementioned relative who lives in one of the same style.

Thank you Jomie. I may come back for further information if required.

They are owner occupied, leasehold and have no maintenance charges. The downstairs flat has the back garden and the upstairs flat the front one. Each flat has its own front door. They have two bedrooms, are easy to maintain and cheap to run. They are ideal for single people of any age. Hassall built some many years ago but I have also seen similar ones built by Barratts. The first property that I bought when I was a youngster was one of these and I liked it very much, as does the aforementioned relative who lives in one of the same style.

Each flat has its own front door/ yipee height of luxury . Sounds like down town Warsaw after 2nd world war. :hihi::hihi:

Iguess it all comes down to a personal choice at the end of the day. If you are happy living where you are and you can manage financially-well thats all any of us can hope for.

Every person contributing to my thread has given me the benefits of their advice-everybody has come from a slightly different perspective-and I am happy to have received a rounded picture of all thats avialable. Thank you all once again.

But there must be a service charge, if only for the block insurance policy.

There are some flats like these mixed in with lots of other housing at Flanderwell near Wickersley, Rotherham. They are two flats upstairs, two downstairs so they just look like semis. These were built by Barrett's in the early to mid 80s. These older flats have small driveways.

I've just done a Google search and there are some new developments up there too. There is a big health centre on the edge of the estate, pubs, a few restaurants/bars and quite a lot of shops (Tanyard). Morrisons and soon to be Aldi just down the road in Bramley where there is another decent shopping area.

I know you might not have considered Rotherham but I have lived in Rotherham and often worked in Sheffield. I could get into work quicker than my colleagues who live just a few miles out of Sheffield city centre. You are close to the M1 and M18, not far from A1or A57 so can get about easily. If you travel by train there is a good service from Doncaster or Retford. My hubby prefers these stations when going to London or Scotland rather than using Sheffield station.

Edited by Chez2

Many thanks Chez2 for all your helpful info. Its all giving me a much better idea of what is available for when I cannot manage.