www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk

Just to let you know that I have managed to get back onto the site at long last. No problem at all. Fingers crossed that it continues like this.

Grannypat

I keep getting reminder emails to validate my email address but no further forward. It sounds like Im half there though as I wouldn't keep getting reminder emails.

Biggest part now is waiting for the 'yes you have been approved' email![/Quote]

Hi Sheff2006,

Sounds like you are rightly apprehensive about "that e-mail" as it is now a year since I reached that point and today I still get that 'Awaiting Approval' response.

Some existing members on that site are sadly acknowledging the "Happy Birthday-ish" upgrade of last March and, though the total member count continues to increase, the number of posts does not reflect this.

Good to have 'Boginspro' posting on both websites.....Thanks.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

Biggest part now is waiting for the 'yes you have been approved' email!

Hi Sheff2006,

Sounds like you are rightly apprehensive about "that e-mail" as it is now a year since I reached that point and today I still get that 'Awaiting Approval' response.

Some existing members on that site are sadly acknowledging the "Happy Birthday-ish" upgrade of last March and, though the total member count continues to increase, the number of posts does not reflect this.

Good to have 'Boginspro' posting on both websites.....Thanks.

Thanks but there is not much the likes of myself can do, it is like talking to a brick wall, it makes me wonder if the comments are read, I can't understand why the admin can't sort the coding or just resort to an old backup (If there isn't one that is just incompetence) I think quite a few knowledgeable members have given up and I miss their content. I do still log in and hope it will one day get back to what it was, or perhaps someone with more knowledge and time than myself could set up a new history site related to Sheffield.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

Sent this to the owner.

people still complaining they cant log in. Sounds like some of the people on there are willing to take it on.. It seems to be validation that is the problem

Got this reply

Ok mate - I'll put a team together once I'm back from tour in a couple of weeks

Happy to hand over to a willing team so long as they know what they're doing re: spammers etc

Sheffield History was a fantastic website, and it is great that a few have stuck by it by posting comments etc even though few others are joining in. There was a time last year when I thought the threads and photos might have been lost and was relieved when that wasn't the case. Really hope it recovers to it's former state. I was (still am) Calvin72!

Sheffield History was a fantastic website, and it is great that a few have stuck by it by posting comments etc even though few others are joining in. There was a time last year when I thought the threads and photos might have been lost and was relieved when that wasn't the case. Really hope it recovers to it's former state. I was (still am) Calvin72!

sheffieldhistory.co.uk is still is a good website Calvin, full of facts and contains hell of a lot of data researched over the years.

It's such a shame that people are experiencing problems joining in.

Hopefully my post above means that it may be sorted very soon

Sheffield History site a fantastic website I tired to join alas failed .

Thanks but there is not much the likes of myself can do, it is like talking to a brick wall, it makes me wonder if the comments are read, I can't understand why the admin can't sort the coding or just resort to an old backup (If there isn't one that is just incompetence) I think quite a few knowledgeable members have given up and I miss their content. I do still log in and hope it will one day get back to what it was, or perhaps someone with more knowledge and time than myself could set up a new history site related to Sheffield.

Boginspro, you have been good enough just by posting on Sheffield History and on here!

Sent this to the owner.

people still complaining they cant log in. Sounds like some of the people on there are willing to take it on.. It seems to be validation that is the problem

Got this reply

Ok mate - I'll put a team together once I'm back from tour in a couple of weeks

Happy to hand over to a willing team so long as they know what they're doing re: spammers etc

Sounds promising now Darra. Thanks for the help there.

Thanks for your kind comment Sheff2006, I believe that any website should be viewable in any web browser, unfortunately that is becoming rarer as time goes by. In the case of Sheffield History I have found the site to be very browser specific. I am sure people are getting fed up of hearing that from me but when I have had a problem, including the logging in problem, and clearing the browser cache etc didn't cure it, I have so far managed to keep going by changing to a different browser updating the browser or going back to an older version of the same browser. I have the advantage that I keep half a dozen browsers on all my operating systems so that I can check my own amateur coding.

I'll remind him of the above when he gets back. He manages a few bands hence him being on tour.