www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk

I'll try and get hold of the owner again and tell there are still problems

I am a member of the Sheffield History website but don't use it as much as I did before the "site update". There are still a lot of problems with the site, one of which is that it is very browser specific. I can't comment on anything to do with Windows because I don't use any Microsoft products but on my Linux systems I have half a dozen web browsers and if I have had a problem on one (like logging in) I have so far found that if I try a different browser it works. For the people who are having difficulty with the security question it may be worth trying a different web browser, there are quite a few open source ones available free.

Spoke to the owner about a different matter this morning and mentioned that people were still having problems with the site . He told me he was working on it last night and it should be fixed.

Taking his bloody time :rolleyes: despite negative and sometimes pointless posts on here ill stay where I am, creature of habit see :D

It's not worth the effort these days anyway

As i say it should be working perfectly now

According to the site, the newest member, Denis Wain, joined on November 24th 2015. He visited on 26th November 2015. Nothing has been heard of him since :o

The latest member to join and make a contribution (post) since joining, was on the 6th of September 2015.

From the 7th of September 2015 to the 7th of March 2016, 128 members are showing as having joined the site, yet not a single one of those '128' has posted on the site.

Strange :confused:

Edited by me-and-pippo
sp

As i say it should be working perfectly now

It still doesn't work as I have just tried it as of 1:35pm 7/3/2016.

---------- Post added 07-03-2016 at 21:06 ----------

Update...

Ive just tried logging into Sheffield History via Facebook and I'm a step further. Received the validation email now and clicked on the verify button. Then I got the message that I must wait to be approved.

It still doesn't work as I have just tried it as of 1:35pm 7/3/2016.

---------- Post added 07-03-2016 at 21:06 ----------

Update...

Ive just tried logging into Sheffield History via Facebook and I'm a step further. Received the validation email now and clicked on the verify button. Then I got the message that I must wait to be approved.

---------------

Good one Sheff2006, you should be OK now, I must be getting old, I had forgotten that a friend of mine got round it that way. Although you would think they would have sorted that security question by now, and the site has had big problems, if it gets back to what it use to be it is worthg joining.

---------------

Good one Sheff2006, you should be OK now, I must be getting old, I had forgotten that a friend of mine got round it that way. Although you would think they would have sorted that security question by now, and the site has had big problems, if it gets back to what it use to be it is worthg joining.

Biggest part now is waiting for the 'yes you have been approved' email!

I have just read your post on Sheffield History about the site problems with joining actually. I think I found the site a good few years ago but never got around to joining. Didn't you have to be a member at first before you could view the photos?

Biggest part now is waiting for the 'yes you have been approved' email!

I have just read your post on Sheffield History about the site problems with joining actually. I think I found the site a good few years ago but never got around to joining. Didn't you have to be a member at first before you could view the photos?

-------------------

Let us know if all goes well please.