www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk

Just to let you know I leave messages on his other main site for Neil Sheffield History's owner. About a month ago he said he would look into it. I left a message a couple of weeks ago and as yet heard nothing in reply.

Well if that's all he said , it's quite clear he's aware of the problem but as I see it , it's beyond his control, maybe lost forever.

But looking on the bright side why doesn't he give someone else whose has the knowledge of these things a chance to repair the site?

He's a bit of an entrepreneur and at the moment is busy promoting bands and organising gigs etc. . Getting hold of him is very difficult at the best of times

Might I suggest http://www.rootschat.com it's another site which is very similar to http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk. If you go to the West Yorkshire section you may find lots of people you already know and also get as much help with family research. I'm sorry to lose SH but until such times as something is done about it I must just accept it's loss and try to replace it. This seems like a good second best and who knows it may turn out to be even better.

Grannypat

Heard from him last night. He's very busy but going to try and find the time to have a look at the problem

Something has changed! Just had a look on the site and found two new members, one joined 28th July the other Yesterday at 11-57am. Clearly registering is working for some.

The 'Admin have you seen this?' post has been removed from the site.

Something has changed! Just had a look on the site and found two new members, one joined 28th July the other Yesterday at 11-57am. Clearly registering is working for some.

The 'Admin have you seen this?' post has been removed from the site.

Jusr seen you on the SH site Voldy, are you able to make a comment/start a topic?

I still can't get on the site. Thanks for everything you're all doing to try and get it sorted out. Keep me posted if you hear anything more, please.

Grannypat

Still getting the 'Awaiting approval' message at log-in so not able to post yet. Probably quite a few others waiting too.

Darra's persistence seems to have produced action; thanks darra:)

Still getting the 'Awaiting approval' message at log-in so not able to post yet. Probably quite a few others waiting too.

Darra's persistence seems to have produced action; thanks darra:)

Have you tried scrapping your original applcation Then starting from scratch,

perhaps trying a different name and password.

Apologies if you have already tried this.

I tried to join ages ago and got an email a couple of days ago saying my application had been approved.

Oh now you're just showing off. Lol. :hihi:

Grannypat

Hello I need someone who has a Sheffield History . co . uk account to help me for some reason it won't let me make an account or sign in with fb / twitter..

If you have one please contact me I want to get in touch with a user on there - ''Edmund'' about a post

Thanks Jack!