Great Yorkshire Run 2015

Can any of you clappers answer: Why this has to be on the main-artery in the North of the city? Sure it is a lovely event, please explain that to the massive queue of cars on Middlewood Road? It isn't about me using the car, I normally am not caught out and have planned my weekend around it just as I do with the football, but I had no choice today. Just as thousands of parents moving their kids into halls of residence will be.

If you don't know the city, you will be stuck, period. I don't think that is sensible when there are literally dozens of alternatives.

Can any of you clappers answer: Why this has to be on the main-artery in the North of the city? Sure it is a lovely event, please explain that to the massive queue of cars on Middlewood Road? It isn't about me using the car, I normally am not caught out and have planned my weekend around it just as I do with the football, but I had no choice today. Just as thousands of parents moving their kids into halls of residence will be.

If you don't know the city, you will be stuck, period. I don't think that is sensible when there are literally dozens of alternatives.

Because that is the route the race has used for some time now. It happens every year on a Sunday, early in the day when disruption will be minimal.

Its a great event for Sheffield, attracting people into the city and inspiring residents to get fit.

These events happen all over the country, in practically every town and city, and I fail to see why Sheffield should be any different.

It's a few hours of disruption to a few roads.

Road closures in Hillsborough being a nightmare. Only taken us 2 hours so far to try and get to children's hospital and still only as far infirmary Road tram stop. Not good with an ill toddler in tow.

You mean the run that has been held every year for 8 years ..? the majority of the time along the same route, on a Sunday morning to minimise disruption to traffic ...An event raising money for charity....

Some people like to moan for the sake it.... and patronise posters by calling them clappers...

This is the first time I got caught out by this event as we were away a lot in the past month. So I decided to check the route, it is literally up and down Penistone Road?

WHY? why on earth can't they do it on a B-road instead of on the main-artery through the North of the city? Couldn't they run down Attercliffe road?

I really don't understand the thinking here. In the mean-time, as usual, the whole of Hillsborough is gridlocked so I strongly advice not coming down this way at all.

"I got caught out" think about the greater good Mr Liberal

Only joking pal

Anyone know the name of the Company providing the "security" (not sure if accurate) at the Run today ? They were wearing yellow jackets and marshalling the event, think it was "Show Mec" or something ? I fancy a job with them

Great run, enjoyed it. Thanks to everyone who came out and supported. :)

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Moan, moan, bloody moan

I thought the A61 was quiet earlier today when I went for a cycle, it was nice :)

There are plenty of other ways to get to childrens hospital I'm sure. This race was to raise money for it for crying out loud. Some people just can't see the bigger picture, they think the world revolves round them.

---------- Post added 27-09-2015 at 15:27 ----------

Penistone road is not the only artery, there's allus Middlewood and Barnsley Road. We went down there about noon and everything seemed OK. Moving little darlings into halls of residence can be done in afternoon. Let's face it not many students get up in the morning at weekends anyway. How selfish some people are