KJS Aston pond two

The KJS snake lake at Aston was a favourite until this year. After a poor spring struggling to keep fish coming I turned my attention to pond 2, I've had my best year yet at Aston with mostly decent days throughout the year and the odd really good fish. I have now decided the snake is out.

Roll on winter for some bomb fishing I'm really looking forward to it.

Give it a go before the frost slows it down.

The KJS snake lake at Aston was a favourite until this year. After a poor spring struggling to keep fish coming I turned my attention to pond 2, I've had my best year yet at Aston with mostly decent days throughout the year and the odd really good fish. I have now decided the snake is out.

Roll on winter for some bomb fishing I'm really looking forward to it.

Give it a go before the frost slows it down.

Hi, Mr Hinks.

Which pond is "pond 2" - is it the one next to the snake with the island? If so, what is in there? I have always fancied having a go at it.

The pond you mention is pond 4, pond 2 is the big pond after you turn left just past the snake which is pond 5.

Pond 4 is predominantly a silvers pond with good numbers of Crucians and Skimmers. good Roach also show shallow to caster.

There are also Tench though small to a pound and the obligatory Carp to about 5lb.

Incidentally earlier this year I caught a Terrapin that was quite large I think perhaps 12oz. it will not reach 13oz I can tell you. The things people just throw into ponds willy nilly without a care.:loopy:

The pond you mention is pond 4, pond 2 is the big pond after you turn left just past the snake which is pond 5.

Pond 4 is predominantly a silvers pond with good numbers of Crucians and Skimmers. good Roach also show shallow to caster.

There are also Tench though small to a pound and the obligatory Carp to about 5lb.

Incidentally earlier this year I caught a Terrapin that was quite large I think perhaps 12oz. it will not reach 13oz I can tell you. The things people just throw into ponds willy nilly without a care.:loopy:

It tickles me how you KJS season ticket holders know everything that is in the ponds - in some cases you and the fish are on a first name basis. Yet still, yer pay yer money and catch the same fish, week in, week out - over and over again.

It tickles me how you KJS season ticket holders know everything that is in the ponds - in some cases you and the fish are on a first name basis. Yet still, yer pay yer money and catch the same fish, week in, week out - over and over again.

I'm sure if you look I have other posts you may like to critique.

---------- Post added 06-11-2015 at 14:01 ----------

I know this is sort of a delayed action but the penny has just dropped.

The post that you are giving me the such well thought out feedback on was indeed instigated by your good self.

Did you forget you asked me about pond 4 I'm sure you'll remember.

If you're struggling check post 3 of this thread I'm convinced your memory will be jogged.

You even said you always fancied fishing there. If you do eventually go to fish pond 4 and you are in difficulty catching I will gladly help.

I thought I gave a relatively short but accurate reply of what you wanted.

Apparently not but anything you need to know further.

I'm sure if you look I have other posts you may like to critique.

---------- Post added 06-11-2015 at 14:01 ----------

I know this is sort of a delayed action but the penny has just dropped.

The post that you are giving me the such well thought out feedback on was indeed instigated by your good self.

Did you forget you asked me about pond 4 I'm sure you'll remember.

If you're struggling check post 3 of this thread I'm convinced your memory will be jogged.

You even said you always fancied fishing there. If you do eventually go to fish pond 4 and you are in difficulty catching I will gladly help.

I thought I gave a relatively short but accurate reply of what you wanted.

Apparently not but anything you need to know further.

Thanks for he heads up, but I went there and did the obvious - fed venue pellets, stuck a pole out, and pulled in 80lb+ of tame carp and silvers - not very taxing.

Nice for a change, and to show that skill and watercraft are not needed on such venues - couldn't bare it week in, week out though.

Just one point the fishery has no rule on pellets they certainly don't enforce any fishery only baits rule.

Perhaps you fished Park baths.

Keep trying lobworm maybe a bait change may induce a bite.

The same still goes any help you require regarding baits, methods and or tactics just send me a private message and I will do my best to help.