Need a witness(solicitor) for a legal form

Hello folks.

I wonder if anyone can help me. I need a witness to sign a declaration form that I need to hand in. On the letter it says solicitor, commissioner for oaths or magistrate. I have been informed that a solicitor will charge me around £10 to £20 for this service. Can anyone recommend or point me in the direction of anyone who can do this. I live in s6 so this area or town would be best.

Thank you. Fabgirl.

Hello folks.

I wonder if anyone can help me. I need a witness to sign a declaration form that I need to hand in. On the letter it says solicitor, commissioner for oaths or magistrate. I have been informed that a solicitor will charge me around £10 to £20 for this service. Can anyone recommend or point me in the direction of anyone who can do this. I live in s6 so this area or town would be best.

Thank you. Fabgirl.

Try the main post office in town but you won't get it for nothing I'm afraid. You'll need at least 2 forms of ID too. £10 is quite cheap for this service BTW

We had to have somethng like this done a couple of years ago. It cost us £5 and my partner had to swear on the bible!

Norrie, Waite & Slater, next to the cathedral in town, either ring them or pop in and speak to the receptionist.

We had to have somethng like this done a couple of years ago. It cost us £5 and my partner had to swear on the bible!

Norrie, Waite & Slater, next to the cathedral in town, either ring them or pop in and speak to the receptionist.

Charged me £5 for this too. Less than I thought, so happy with that. Might just be for existing clients though, ring and check.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Charged me £5 for this too. Less than I thought, so happy with that. Might just be for existing clients though, ring and check.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Im wasnt an existing client but they did it for me for a fiver also.

Hello folks.

Thank you. Fabgirl.

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/who-can-witness-a-legal-document/

Usually any responsible person who knows the applicant can witness the document.

For a city centre location, I highly recommend Maryum Khan (solicitor who acts as Commissioner of Oaths). £5 per document. bannerjones.co.uk/team_members/77

I totally forgot about this thread. We made an appointment at Norrie Waite and Slater as recommended on here. It took around 5 minutes and cost £5. Very good service.

Also no swearing on the bible.

Edited by fabgirl
Added something

I totally forgot about this thread. We made an appointment at Norrie Waite and Slater as recommended on here. It took around 5 minutes and cost £5. Very good service.

Also no swearing on the bible.

Would swearing on the bible be a problem, it's only a fairy story after all.

Angel1.