Are you mad enough to march?

As well as reading about current affairs, I also have eyes and can observe for myself how rosy things are. Certainly much better than when Labour got booted out.

Let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London I will show you something that will make you change your mind.

Let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London I will show you something that will make you change your mind.

And have you seen the old man Outside the seaman's mission Memory fading with The medal ribbons that he wears. In our winter city, The rain cries a little pity

For one more forgotten hero And a world that doesn't care.

The trade union bill just got passed...labour lost by 33 votes...I don't think its about 'losing the election'...just a FYI.

Some very good things in that bill...some not so good..depending on POV.

Its an ideological attack on Labour as it will most certainly mean a loss of funds for them and weaken the powers of trade unions.

---------- Post added 18-09-2015 at 06:43 ----------

To be fair con MP David Davies suggested some parts of the bill was from general franco"s times...like having to give names to police 2 weeks before strike. Harsh warning.

it's a fundemental human right to withdraw labour...think we have to protect that freedom at least.

---------- Post added 18-09-2015 at 06:52 ----------

Some other points:The CO will also have unprecedented powers to access and remove union records

Picket supervisors to wear armbands. 20k fines.

allowing employers to hire agency workers to cover striking workers

imposing 50% turnout thresholds on strike votes (denying unions the ability to ballot members by phone or email).

---------- Post added 18-09-2015 at 06:55 ----------

Its hard to find the facts without some spin on it...all in all its a weakening of labour and trade union powers..the bill makes it harder to strike with old ballot for instance.

---------- Post added 18-09-2015 at 06:56 ----------

Some conservative MPs spoke out against it...in the end it was pushed through on second hearing by 33 votes.

Awesome.

All these provisions only apply if they want to keep the legal protection of strikes. i.e. they want protection from disciplinary action for strikers by their employers. If they don't want that protection they can do what they want.

If people don't like their jobs they can quit. They can also go on strike without all this performance but they may get fired. I don't see why it should be any different.

I suppose most people will be too busy working and paying tax to bother.

If people don't like their jobs they can quit. They can also go on strike without all this performance but they may get fired. I don't see why it should be any different.

Quite an extreme view.

Quite an extreme view.

not really just most normal people in normal private sector jobs and self employed view.................but public sector? well thats another matter

not really just most normal people in normal private sector jobs and self employed view.................but public sector? well thats another matter

The workers in the public sector are no different to those in the private sector.

The workers in the public sector are no different to those in the private sector.

:hihi::hihi: really??? public sector are the most Militant and vocal about how unfair everything is, you dont see many private sector at protest rally's too busy working:roll:

Some of us in the public sector recognise our privileged position and appreciate it rather than constantly complaining.

That nasty Conservative party. How dare they boost employment to record levels, grow the economy, halve the structural deficit, and increase the national minimum wage to £9 an hour by 2020.

At huge expense to community

Huge expense to the vulnerable

Have you ANY IDEA how much people are suffering?

Of the numbers having to resort to food banks, IN BRITAIN!! For godsake!

Shame on you!

:hihi::hihi: really??? public sector are the most Militant and vocal about how unfair everything is, you dont see many private sector at protest rally's too busy working:roll:

Treat everyone the same then.

The number of strikes taking place in the UK has hit an 80-year low, there isnt really a problem.

---------- Post added 18-09-2015 at 13:05 ----------

Working days lost in the public sector = 76,000

Working days lost in the private sector = 68,000

Not a great deal of difference.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/8527155/Strikes-in-numbers-Public-v-private-sector.html

Edited by El Cid

Treat everyone the same then.

The number of strikes taking place in the UK has hit an 80-year low, there isnt really a problem.

---------- Post added 18-09-2015 at 13:05 ----------

Working days lost in the public sector = 76,000

Working days lost in the private sector = 68,000

Not a great deal of difference.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/8527155/Strikes-in-numbers-Public-v-private-sector.html

sounds good! treat everyone the same, ok as self employed & private sectori would love the gold plated final salary pensions with huge Gov contributions, the sick pay and sick days wether sick or not:loopy:

private sector strikes? that many? up to date source please?

Edited by slordy71