Name of spare land on Willington Road S5

who knows anything about the field on willington road just off stubbing lane?

who knows anything about the field on willington road just off stubbing lane?

I don't know if it has an official name , we used to play in there in the late 50s & 60s , we called it `The Big wood ` as opposed to the `Little wood ` , which was actually an old woman's garden .

I used to live on the road above it (Rolleston Road). We used to call it 'The Bankin'. No idea what its proper name is or if it even has one.

Shame as wanting to know why there nothing built on there? Not even houses or awt? Strange tho??

According to Land Registry records, the land is owned by the Council. It was transferred to the Council in 1919, and there's a covenant which might explain why it's not been built on.

08.09.2014) A Conveyance of the land tinted blue on the title plan and other land dated 20 October 1919 made between (1) Jane Wake and others and (2) The Lord Mayor Aldermen and Citizens of the City of Sheffield contains the following covenants:-

"AND the Corporation hereby covenant with the Vendors that no dwelling house other than detached or semi-detached and of a less value than five hundred pounds for each dwelling house in labour and material shall be built fronting Barnsley Road or fronting any new Road leading into Barnsley Road between Barnsley Road and the dotted red line shewn on the said plan".

Jane Wake was the daughter of wealthy local solicitor Bernard Wake. Local historians could tell you more. [Try the public library]

I used to live on the road above it (Rolleston Road). We used to call it 'The Bankin'. No idea what its proper name is or if it even has one.
I lived round the corner on ForemarkRd and we spent most of our time playing there. We called it Rolleston woods.