Westie Bitch or Lhaso Apso Bitch wanted

I am looking for a West Highland Terrier or Lhaso Apso bitch that is between 5 yrs and 7 yrs old. Preferably been spayed, loving home waiting as I have recently lost my little Westie and have a lot of time and love to give. Obviously I am willing to pay for the right little companion.

It's unlikely you will get one from a local dog rescue so try one of the dedicated Westie rescue organisations (look online for them). Other small terrier rescues exist for the Border Terrier and Cairn Terrier. Little Dog Rescue would also be worth looking at.

Alternatively, contact one of the breed clubs (search online or look at the Kennel Club website) because some of their members who breed for show sometimes let older dogs go to pet homes. This is usually because the dog has retired from the show ring and/or breeding or perhaps did not quite make the grade for showing for some minor reason. If they have not been kept in the house they will need house training but this is usually not a problem with older dogs. These dogs are well bred and often make super pets.

If you can travel and want to help a poor dog in distress, consider trying Many Tears dog rescue. They have a lot of smaller ex breeding dogs, many of whom have had traumatic lives in puppy farms. Your experience with the Westie breed would be very useful. Also check out the rehoming page of the Dogs Trust website - you can use the drop down box to select your breed of choice.

Edited by ccit

Also look on gumtree. But read ads carefully and ask for additional information .

Would you be interested in taking two Westies? It is often easier as they have each other and therefore tend to settle more quickly. Dogs Trust have these Westies. They want to rehome Millie with her pal Alfie. They are in Leeds.

Thank you for your replies, I have tried gumtree and everywhere else I can think of. I have not filled in the forms yet for the Westie rescue so maybe that is my next port of call. I did not really want two dogs if I am honest but thank you very much for replying.

Try angels on Facebook they gave some gorgeous dogs in foster care waiting for homes.

I cannot find angels on FB, can you tell me their full link please.

Try Thornberry Rescue, I'm sure they had a Lhasa on there recently x

Angels small paws rescue (East Midlands) I'm on my tablet so can't copy and paste for you. They are an amazing small rescue I do home checks fir them in s20 area