Oughtibridge - Fibre Broadband on way

Hi,

I registered on http://www.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet and got this reply.

The more people register, the quicker it will be.

I would ask anyone in the S35/36 area to register

This is not a thread for who is better etc....... but if we all at least have a choice of provider that can only be a good thing ?

Thanks for registering S35 *** with Cable My Street.

Your area is part of our supercharged expansion plans! We’re still working through all the details and timings, but to make sure your area is one of the first connected, tell your friends and neighbours to register their interest too. It’s all about people power, you see. We want to expand first into areas with the most demand for our services.

When we get to an area, we aim to connect everyone. Very occasionally we come up against local factors, meaning we might not be able to connect all homes. But we will always try to do our best.

With Virgin Media ultrafast fibre optic broadband, you get more of what you want, when you want it. That’s because we use a totally different type of cable with DOCSIS® 3 technology and run it right to your house. It means we can give you broadband speeds of up to 152Mb, twice as fast as Sky’s top speed of up to 76Mb† (they use copper wires across most of their network). Plus TiVo®, with up to 260 channels, including much-loved Sky favourites.

Before you know it, you and everyone at home could be streaming, chatting and surfing to your hearts’ content. We’ll be in contact with you as soon as we’re ready to start connecting up your area. In the meantime, if you have any questions, check out our FAQs.

Kind regards

The Virgin Media team

Edited by blade1234567

We have fibre here at stocksbridge, did they go strait pass you lol ?

Edit sorry dint read it right, :)

Edited by quicken

Please do the same if your in anywhere High Green, Virgin with all their faults has got to be better that the poor service we get from BT.

BT only have fibre in parts of the village, for example:- 1/2 of Green Gate lane (only available on one side as a friend found out after an engineer came to install).

This is only FTC (fibre to cabinet-medium speed) and not the propper FTTP (fibre to the premises- very fast speed).

Rest of village will only be fibred up by BT if:-

a) enough people show interest (register on bt website).

b) spineless regulator forces them to make fibre basic level of servers (unlikely).

c) virgin start to offer service in the area.

Shame they were not pro-active and came to install the ducts before streets ahead resurfaced the pavements.

signed. i have sky but its not great. the connection drops out at least twice a day.

Have a look at this site to see more info on the councils and BT's plan to bring fibre to your area:

http://www.superfastsouthyorkshire.co.uk

There's a postcode checker also under the when & where section.

Now I know why it's taking so long to get fibre broadband where I live...

"The postcode you have entered is either not valid or not in the South Yorkshire area."

Long live the Peoples' Republic of S3! :)

Now I know why it's taking so long to get fibre broadband where I live...

"The postcode you have entered is either not valid or not in the South Yorkshire area."

Long live the Peoples' Republic of S3! :)

Glad you mentioned that, it's been a problem for years.

When ordered things on line or trying to register something the " not valid "

or " doesn't exist" comes up for S35, very annoying.

We have fibre here at stocksbridge, did they go strait pass you lol ?

Edit sorry dint read it right, :)

It did actually, Oughtibridge is on a different exchange to Stocksbridge, and it's not Fibre enabled.

Glad you mentioned that, it's been a problem for years.

When ordered things on line or trying to register something the " not valid "

or " doesn't exist" comes up for S35, very annoying.

Try putting your full post code in correctly, I'm in Oughtibridge and got this:

Superfast broadband status

Deployment Phase Phase 7: April - June 2017

Try putting your full post code in correctly, I'm in Oughtibridge and got this:

Superfast broadband status

Deployment Phase Phase 7: April - June 2017

Believe it or not I do put my full postal code in correctly but I'm not talking about the Superfast broadband site, haven't tried that one yet, I'm talking of some other sites when ordering goods. My friend at Ecclesfield has the same problem.

got fibre to cabinet from bt at stocksbridge they promised 65mb top speed but since upgrading to hub 5, I get 80mb steady sometimes 81/82 on start up.