Gameboy needs fixing

I live in the North of Sheffield and i am looking for someone to fix my gameboy colour.

The game plays well but the start button or the select button is working. When i play games such as Pokemon on it. It can't save for some reason.

I am looking for someone to fix this name a decent price.

Probably cheaper to get another from e-bay rather than paying for a fix.

The buttons may just need a clean, if this is the case it's just time consuming to dismantle and put back together...

If they are physically worn, it is cheaper and easier to get a replacement...

as for the save not working, on the old gameboy carts that provided a save feature, they relied on a small battery inside the cartridge - if this battery goes flat, the save(s) were lost and it would no longer work.... (it was pre-flash memory)

you can replace the battery, but usually requires some soldering...

Thanks i have actually cleaned the contacts inside before but it is still not working.

Games that allow you to save on the gameboy usually do that with battery powered memory on the game cartridge, you will need to replace that battery in the cartridge.

Isopropyl alcohol is good for cleaning dirty contacts, safe to use on plastics & circuit boards.

You can still buy working gameboys cheap from ebay. If you get a gameboy advance it'll play your gameboy & gameboy color games as well as advance games. So it's not really worth paying somebody to fix it if you can't do it easily yourself.

Edited by anywebsite

I live in the North of Sheffield and i am looking for someone to fix my gameboy colour.

The game plays well but the start button or the select button is working. When i play games such as Pokemon on it. It can't save for some reason.

I am looking for someone to fix this name a decent price.

The Gameboy colours used to get a bit gummy behind the buttons' rubber pad, cleaning this usually improves the contact.

As for saving games, that usually relies on a battery within the individual game cartridge, it could be that yours is expired.

...plagiarised from Ghozer, apparently! (really should start reading other posts first)

Agreed. They're very cheap,for refurbished ones on eBay - the cost of repair will be more than getting a fully refurbed one.