RIP Ron Springett.

Best game I saw him have was at Leicester in '67.

Unbelievable, also on MOTD.

Won 1-0 (Ritchie?)

RIP hero!

I saw him at Leicster just as Banks had replaced him for England.We drew 2-2 that night and I was stood in the terrace with the home fans when I heard one of em say Banks was no where near as good as Ronnie.R.I.P. Ron

As FORE says, that game at Filbert Street was on a Saturday afternoon and Banks had already replaced Ronnie in England's goal by about a year. The Owls played in all white (not much choice then) and if I recall some of the Leicester team that day, Jackie Sinclair, Derek Dougan and Ron making at least two world- class saves from captain Bobby Roberts.,,, R.I.P. Ron.

As FORE says, that game at Filbert Street was on a Saturday afternoon and Banks had already replaced Ronnie in England's goal by about a year. The Owls played in all white (not much choice then) and if I recall some of the Leicester team that day, Jackie Sinclair, Derek Dougan and Ron making at least two world- class saves from captain Bobby Roberts.,,, R.I.P. Ron.

It was on boxing day Saturday and Wednesday played them twice in three days.

Ron Springett was undeniably the greatest goalkeeper to wear a Wednesday shirt.

RIP Ron.

Was it Ron or his brother Peter who joined the police force after retirement?

Was it Ron or his brother Peter who joined the police force after retirement?

It was peter.

It was peter.

Yes, I've just looked it up he died young and was quite a few years younger than Ron.

Yes, I've just looked it up he died young and was quite a few years younger than Ron.

Nice obituary for Ron in yesterday's Daily Telegraph

Pete McKee has done a great picture to mark this sad event. He has a website and a Facebook page - easy enough to find if you want to see it.

Strange the Wednesday's home game this Saturday is against Fulham, Ron's birthplace. I hope the Londoners show some respect.