RIP Ron Springett.

RIP Ron truly a wednesday legend my boyhood hero never be better keeper used to stand on kop and when he ran over would get oranges thrown for him what a keeper England's number one God bless him

Best game I saw him have was at Leicester in '67.

Unbelievable, also on MOTD.

Won 1-0 (Ritchie?)

RIP hero!

As the saying goes he 'had a good innings' - a great innings. A great Goalie. Rest In Peace Mr. Springett. X

As the saying goes he 'had a good innings' - a great innings. A great Goalie. Rest In Peace Mr. Springett. X

Sad times, another Sheffield legend gone, well he can now have a good kick about with the also departed Alan Woodward.

RIP Ron, a true Wednesday Legend who was only 2nd to Gordon Banks for England. Respects to all his family & friends.

WAWAW!

A great loss to the city,what a keeper,wish we could find another,top man sadly gone,but thanks for the memories.

RIP Mr R. Springett Ron was a gentleman who would give his complementary tickets to fans at the players entrance especially at away games and he would try to give them to different fans each time, I wonder how many of todays players would do the same

condolences to your family