Anyone take in hedgehogs?

Got a young hedgehog with an injured leg, otherwise as lively as a cricket! It has seen a vet and I have fetched it home as I know someone who takes them in but I cannot get in touch with her. If I have no luck in the next few days wondering if there's anyone who is hedgehog savvy?

Try Helen Asquith, she breeds Pygmy hogs, so might have a better idea than me!

Thanks for replies, the lady I know does the same Collibird. If I can't get hold of her tomorrow would you be able to help?

only just seen this ,you may have sorted it ,just want to say south Yorkshire animal rescue south road walkley are good with hedgehogs.how is the little hog.

He's taking his meds and eating well. Currently asleep in a box of straw in a big indoor cage in the house. He's a lovely friendly little fella who likes exploring. This may well be his home until spring as he probably won't weigh enough or be healed enough for release before hibernation time, as he's got a long way to go. Just hope he makes it.

thankyou colliebird,i hope it will be ok,please let us know how he gets on.

My Jack Russell has become friends with a hedgehog! He keeps bringing him in and curls up with him!!!

Thank god for frontline

Thanks Colliebird for taking him in. My daughter loved him as he was so friendly. Glad the meds are working x

Aww - it's great to hear people are looking out for hedgehogs. I haven't seen one for years and would love to have them in the garden!