Good printer for photographs

I am looking for a printer specifically for printing photographs.

I have a basic printer/scanner/copier, but its old and cheap and doesn't produce the best photographs.

So looking for a good quality photo focused printer, capable of printing photos of most sizes. Preferably not going to break the bank - I'm only an amateur.

Seen a lot of fairly affordable priced ones in shops, but as said looking for photo quality rather than one that can do a million and one things!

Hoping you photographs can help recommend for me ;)

We bought a Canon Pixma A4 printer a while ago. It's no longer available - model IP7250. It only cost 59.00. I intended it for document printing and a few photo prints for the kids. As it turned out, the photo quality is excellent - easily as good as online prints form Snapfish etc and much better than my old Epson photo printer.

I think if you buy a Canon Pixma printer (make sure cheap ink cartridges are available), you wont be disappointed.

Be aware that decent paper is really expensive, original inks are extremely expensive and copied inks might be very cheap but they also vary massively in quality. Look for reviews of the current models and take it from there. They usually have a break down of quality and running costs. look for reviews on photographic web sites such as Dpreview, they might be more focused on the photo output.