Saudi Arabia offers to Build 200 Mosques in Germany

Like I said

"On Tuesday, Buddhist mobs attacked mosques and burned more than 70 homes in Oakkan, north of Rangoon, after a Muslim girl on a bicycle collided with a monk. One person died and nine were injured."

This is one of the millions of examples of the conflicts that start when people of different beliefs try to live in the same community.

This is one of the millions of examples of the conflicts that start when people of different beliefs try to live in the same community.

"Hundreds of police officers were drafted in to keep rival football fans apart at Sheffield Wednesday’s lunchtime derby with Leeds United today."

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/hundreds-of-police-officers-on-duty-for-sheffield-wednesday-clash-with-leeds-united-1-6366120

You were suggesting the other day that we shouldn't help. Indeed, you were frothing about the idea that we might accommodate some refugees.

With that in mind, I'd have thought that you would applaud the Saudi offer. Anything else would be hypocritical:rolleyes:

Plenty of folks have been attacked this week, throughout the world, by extremist Christians. That's no laughing matter.

Well absolutely. I was just walking past St. Peter's church last Sunday at turning out time and my whole family was beheaded by the worshipers. They were singing Jerusalem whilst they did it.

So what people are riling about is that Saudi takes migrants and puts them to work? Interesting.

So what people are riling about is that Saudi takes migrants and puts them to work? Interesting.

no. it is because saudi takes migrants and puts them in work camps. this is like germany in 1943 taking polish workers to build rocket factories.

you are aware of course that the migrants in saudi have no right to live in saudi once there particular project is completed.

here is a nice bit of light reading for you.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jan/13/saudi-arabia-treatment-foreign-workers

Edited by drummonds

Yep, I was attacked last week by a group of Buddhists... :loopy:

You may could have been if a Muslim in Burma...ah those 'peaceful' Buddists.

On Tuesday, Buddhist mobs attacked mosques and burned more than 70 homes in Oakkan, north of Rangoon, after a Muslim girl on a bicycle collided with a monk. One person died and nine were injured.

But aren't Buddhist monks meant to be the good guys of religion?

Aggressive thoughts are inimical to all Buddhist teachings. Buddhism even comes equipped with a practical way to eliminate them. Through meditation the distinction between your feelings and those of others should begin to dissolve, while your compassion for all living things grows.

Ashin Wirathu, who was jailed in 2003 for inciting religious hatred. Released in 2012, he has referred to himself bizarrely as "the Burmese Bin Laden".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22356306

Oh so similar theme then...you have usually a majority that are peaceful and the odd nutcase extremist who incites violence.

Never mind, at least Buddists can feel safe in that the world is not tainting the whole religion and its followers..:rolleyes:

You may could have been if a Muslim in Burma...ah those 'peaceful' Buddists.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22356306

Oh so similar theme then...you have usually a majority that are peaceful and the odd nutcase extremist who incites violence.

Never mind, at least Buddists can feel safe in that the world is not tainting the whole religion and its followers..:rolleyes:

I'm not convinced, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure I'm not in Burma and I'm unlikely to go there. And hopefully Burma wont come to me, like Syria seems to be doing.

no. it is because saudi takes migrants and puts them in work camps. this is like germany in 1943 taking polish workers to build rocket factories.

you are aware of course that the migrants in saudi have no right to live in saudi once there particular project is completed.

here is a nice bit of light reading for you.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jan/13/saudi-arabia-treatment-foreign-workers

But isn't that exactly the sort of thing you nationalists want?

But isn't that exactly the sort of thing you nationalists want?

it is you putting it forward as a model of kindness. is that how you muslims want the world to help out?

it is you putting it forward as a model of kindness. is that how you muslims want the world to help out?

I am just capable to read between the lines, do you think Saudi take on 500,000 Syrian refugees as workers just because they would like a new road built? They have just used the system they have in place to take on an extraordinary amount of refugees. Saudi has a population that is around 28 million people. I see you and your ilk moan that the gulf states are not taking anybody on, yet if you put it into perspective with the UK who took on a measly 280 over the same period...

Well there you go. At least one of your arguments is blown out of the water, isn't it?

It certainly is,

I am just capable to read between the lines, do you think Saudi take on 500,000 Syrian refugees as workers just because they would like a new road built? They have just used the system they have in place to take on an extraordinary amount of refugees. Saudi has a population that is around 28 million people. I see you and your ilk moan that the gulf states are not taking anybody on, yet if you put it into perspective with the UK who took on a measly 280 over the same period...

Well there you go. At least one of your arguments is blown out of the water, isn't it?

it isn't blown out of the water at all. they were not refugees. many were working in saudi and qatar on building projects before the arab spring. they are contract workers who are kept in shocking conditions and who will have no rights to remain in the country once their job is completed. so to answer your question ..yes they are merely there because saudi wants a new road, building, airport etc etc.

that's the problem with your ilk. you can't see beyond the muslim brotherhood.

---------- Post added 12-09-2015 at 12:02 ----------

It's taking him a while to do that search,isn't it?

but well worth the wait isn't it?

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2015/03/19/how-can-the-west-keep-up-good-relations-with-saudi-arabia-when-its-chief-religious-leader-wants-churches-destroyed/

Saudi Arabia’s Grand Mufti wants churches destroyed – it’s time for the West to rethink relations

Hilariously, the Mufti seems to be pushing at an open door. There are no churches in Saudi Arabia. That is because all non-Muslim worship in the Kingdom is illegal.

Edited by drummonds