Did anyone on live on the Manor in the Seventies?

I grew up on the Manor, lived on Fairfax Rd then Hastilar Rd, went to Pipworth and Waltheof 1974-85 ish. My surname was Roe.

No, I'm not Bridget - I'm Jean, Colin's sister.:)

Are you Pete?

hello jean yes this is pete still with kay now at woodhouse nice 2 hear from u

I WAS IN jOHNS CLASS FOR A WHILE-IF ITS THE RIGHT ONE he WOULD BE ABOUT 42/43 NOW

mumsy

hello mumsy john is 47 and still as awkward as ever

hello jean yes this is pete still with kay now at woodhouse nice 2 hear from u

Hi Pete, good to know that you and Kay are both OK. I've got 3 grown up lads of my own now

Have you seen the Manor lately? I don't live in Sheffield now but was at a funeral at City Road last year, so my husband drove up so that I could show him where I grew up. It has all changed so much now and I could barely find the spot where our house used to stand. I stood there and wept because I felt like my past had just been wiped away.

Hi Pete, good to know that you and Kay are both OK. I've got 3 grown up lads of my own now

Have you seen the Manor lately? I don't live in Sheffield now but was at a funeral at City Road last year, so my husband drove up so that I could show him where I grew up. It has all changed so much now and I could barely find the spot where our house used to stand. I stood there and wept because I felt like my past had just been wiped away.

i jean yes big change on the manor drove thru it a couple times had good friends neighbours cannot stop change luv just got pc still learning

dont we know

i glynn i take it u know john then knew your family from the stanground days your dad from the springwood days think he did a bit of taxi driving

i glynn i take it u know john then knew your family from the stanground days your dad from the springwood days think he did a bit of taxi driving

yes see him in the royal on sundays when he is tormenting people whith his fishing tickets:):)

I know how you feel, I felt the same last time I visited, it's all just a memory now.

I know a susan and paul mozley they lived on motehall rd i married there older sister ann boo

I spent most of the 60's and 70's on the Manor. We lived on the side of Hastilar Road that went to Pipworth and Waltheof, while a lot of me mates went to Woodthorpe and City. Used to play football behind the Springwood with Wayne Goodwin, John Sharman, Kevin Fletcher, Martin and Chris Carr, Andrew Guy, Steve Marsh and a load of other who turned up as and when. Our "winter pitch" was Narlow Close or the triangle of grass behind the bus-stop (its a wonder none of use were killed chasing the ball ;-).

Summers were spent in the woods. In the early days we could play all the way from the opposite the bus stop (near the Springwood) all the way to Davy Uniteds. Then they put in the Parkway (some of us got stuck in the drains that they laid when they were building it ;-). There was a big gang of us, including (at times - the gang ebbed and flowed through the years) Steven Finchett, Margaret Lee, Debbie Marsh (I've still got a thing for you Debbie, even 36 years later - though you never knew ;-). One day we came a across a couple doing "it". If only they'd known that there were almost a dozen kids watching their every move...perhaps they did !

Once at Waltheof I spent more time on the posh side of Prince of Wales Road with Tim Heath, Philip Hanson, Andrew Gill, Gillian Davis, Gillian (oops forgotten), Ron Holmes, Alan Ford, Bob Young - and load's more that the memory just won't deliver the goods on...

Looking back, it was a great place. Of course there was always somebody who was looking to give you a pasting, but you had loads of mates, you did loads of stuff (apologies to all those folk who's gardens got damaged through endless winter evenings of "dilavio"), and you grew up with good strong roots and a sense of fun. If any of the names ring a bell they were all good eggs and I think about them a lot !!

Hi steve finchett just found this site it"s strange seeing all these familiar names,i am living in Cavan EIRE this last 18 years ,i"m not sure who you are you must be a little younger my mates were tony lee Ray mcdermott Julie carr Len dakin Bob briggs Steve pearce amongst others

some of them names ring a bell finchy i probably know you but cant place you we used to play on the swing in the woods i lived at the last house on bottom of fairfax across from mick hicky i knocked about with gary and graham houghton alan mincher desy coleman picky mincher steven and julie kingswood and many more great days nice remembering my names lee russell i was 18 month older than andrew guy my brother paul was in his class i was the same age as alan moor tony was a year older i think