Did anyone on live on the Manor in the Seventies?

I lived on Bradford st up till the age of 12 and knew the Slaters.I'm sorry to hear of Kevins' death,we were big mates and all knocked about together down Attercliffe,Martin is my age,Kevin a bit older.I would be interested to know what the Slaters are doing now,especially Martin who was a close friend of mine.Tell him Base was asking about him.It must be 35years since I last saw him and Kevin!

lived on the manor from 61 to 84 but because it was manor park i dont no iff this counts my mum still lives there now she was 90 this crimbo

my family lived on fairlea probably wrong spelling but you know were i mean. my uncle is barry akers deceast i also know terry dell really well and his family. steve coats is my cousin if anyone knows him and janet akers is my mother anybody know these people please reply i spent a lot of my childhood around there going to st tereasers club at the weekends lots of memorys

I spent from 54-61ish on Fairleigh. My brother was friends with the Dell brothers and Barry Akers. There was also the Hallas's. Can't remember my brother going to st theresa's at the weekend but I was quite young at the time.

People who lived on the manor in the 70's, who was the **** of tentown. And who was the celebrity who opened it?:banana:

Mod note: Threads merged.

i lived on darcy close,,across from ray fiddler

My ex, Herbert Rowbotham was born and lived on Darcy close until 1966, when we married. Next door was a family called the Warings, I think he had a plumbing business. If anyone knows Bert I will let him know I have made contact and he can speak to you personally.

my mum is one of the selwood family they used to live on queen mary cresent

from the late sixties to early eighties.

I lived at 21 queen mary cresent with my parents and 2 sisters and brother (my sister knocked around with cheryl selwood,she had a brother kieth who my brother knocked around with i think,our house was next but one to the fields)cheryl and kieth lived oppisite the ring where we used to make a swing with tyre or stick on the big tree,i remember my sis and cheryl used to hang out of there bedroom windows shouting across at each other lol.

My Nan and Step-Grandad used to live on bassledene road (Ratcliffes/Boldocks) cant remember much about the estate as I was only young and moved away but recently saw all the new houses.

my nannan lived on basseldene rd also my auntie

See the thread ' Did you live on the Manor 45 years ago" I posted it on 14/12/2005. You may see some names you recognise.

hi landrover,

cheryl is my auntie there was also paul norman and stuart jenny and kenny selwood.

Thought I might re-ignite this thread as I have been searching my memory bank. Can anyone remember the Archers (Karen) off Stanground Road, The Whites (Michael) the Hagues (Billy) The Jacksons (Wayne) the Maws (so many off them), the Wilsons (John) the Underhays (again so many of them), Michele Barker etc. etc... we were all in the same year at school although most were from around the Springwood area which I know some people class as Woodthorpe. Think I have remebered the name of the family that lived at the garage opposite the Springwood (it was later knocked down) as the Stones family

Thought I might re-ignite this thread as I have been searching my memory bank. Can anyone remember the Archers (Karen) off Stanground Road, The Whites (Michael) the Hagues (Billy) The Jacksons (Wayne) the Maws (so many off them), the Wilsons (John) the Underhays (again so many of them), Michele Barker etc. etc... we were all in the same year at school although most were from around the Springwood area which I know some people class as Woodthorpe. Think I have remebered the name of the family that lived at the garage opposite the Springwood (it was later knocked down) as the Stones family

i think i remember Michael White, did he have dark curly hair? i seem to think he was a friend of Steven Eckhardt who lived near me on Alison crescent.