Did anyone on live on the Manor in the Seventies?

I was born on Fairleigh in 73, moved away in 87.

Lived on the manor at 128 (if i remember correctly)Alison Cresent late sixties early seventies, went to Pipworth Road School. Great times, had my fisrt real drink in the feathers prince of Wales road and my first game of electronic tennis in the Stradbroke.

Lived on the manor at 128 (if i remember correctly)Alison Cresent late sixties early seventies, went to Pipworth Road School. Great times, had my fisrt real drink in the feathers prince of Wales road and my first game of electronic tennis in the Stradbroke.

I think I visited you there, before emigrating.

...had my fisrt real drink in the feathers prince of Wales road...

The feathers was a fine Wards pub, dread to think what its like these days, is it still a pub?

yes the feathers is still there it makes great dinners with your pint

i lived at 2 archdale rd, same again, happy memories

I lived on Waltheof Rd from 1925 until i got married in 1953,a great place to live in those days, i can remember the Cowlishaws,s farm that stood there Before Standhouse School was built,Before Standhouse opened we used to go to the Wooden Huts on Queen Mary Rd,just before the junction with Wulfric Rd.,there is a block of flats built there now

my mum lived on manor around the same time as you kingfisher

she was on fretson from the early 30s to when she got married in 1954

Any of you remember a girl called Trixie who lived on the Manor around 1958/60 ?

The thing i remember about the Manor years ago is that their seemed to be a class divide,the upper Manor looked down on the lower Manor,which is strange as no one had much where ever they lived.

my mum lived on manor around the same time as you kingfisher

she was on fretson from the early 30s to when she got married in 1954

Hi Summer,what did they call your mum ?,i probably knew her,did she go to Standhouse or Prince Edward school.

hi kingfisher

i think she went to both schools. there were quite a few in their family my mum was the youngest they were called sykes, there was joe, george, arthur, alice, elsie, esther, annie, flo and my mum frances