Did anyone on live on the Manor in the Seventies?

Richard Murphy is my uncle, not seen him for years now.. Pete Murphy is my dad, trying to find him now x

Does any one remember Alan Dagnall Ken Fenton Steve Harper Ralph Edwards Jimmy Noonhan they used to play football on the field off Motehall Road.

My first wife, her parents and sisters/brother  lived on Beaumont Way possibly no 3 from about early to mid 1950's

Parents were Fred and Doris Turner - son was Brian, daughters were Christine (Married Denis Phoenix), Barbara (Married Roy Turton), Elaine (Married Ray Severns from Woodhouse) and youngest Margaret who I married in July 1963 - she will be about 77 now, 78 in October her friend lived close by - Valerie ??? - about same age - married a guy by the name of Les possibly in 1962

Maybe someone will remember them

Best Wishes from Hot and Sunny Malaysia - Victor 

12 hours ago, plantman said:

Does any one remember Alan Dagnall Ken Fenton Steve Harper Ralph Edwards Jimmy Noonhan they used to play football on the field off Motehall Road.

Has Alan Dagnall died? He used to live next to my sister on Stoneciliffe Road, the Dolbys. Jimmy Noonan lived just across from me on Harborough Avenue, I remember his Irish grandfather too, he spoke with such a heavy brogue I couldn't understand him, what happened to Jimmy? I can remember him starting work on the railway.

7 hours ago, victormh said:

My first wife, her parents and sisters/brother  lived on Beaumont Way possibly no 3 from about early to mid 1950's

Parents were Fred and Doris Turner - son was Brian, daughters were Christine (Married Denis Phoenix), Barbara (Married Roy Turton), Elaine (Married Ray Severns from Woodhouse) and youngest Margaret who I married in July 1963 - she will be about 77 now, 78 in October her friend lived close by - Valerie ??? - about same age - married a guy by the name of Les possibly in 1962

Maybe someone will remember them

Best Wishes from Hot and Sunny Malaysia - Victor 

I remember Denis Phoenix, I knocked about with his brother Terry for a while, just what happened to them and their sisters Eunice and Carol! Oh yes Terrys brother Derek too.

Edited by lazarus

Does any one remember Alan Dagnall Ken Fenton Steve Harper Ralph Edwards Jimmy Noonhan they used to play football on the field off Motehall Road.                                                     Yes i remember Jimmy working on the railway the last time i saw him  he was on one of the electric trains at Sheffield Victoria Station, also Ken Fenton  joined the railway i think Alan Dagnall worked in the cutlery trade some where like Viners                        

16 minutes ago, plantman said:

Does any one remember Alan Dagnall Ken Fenton Steve Harper Ralph Edwards Jimmy Noonhan they used to play football on the field off Motehall Road.                                                     Yes i remember Jimmy working on the railway the last time i saw him  he was on one of the electric trains at Sheffield Victoria Station, also Ken Fenton  joined the railway i think Alan Dagnall worked in the cutlery trade some where like Viners                        

hi plantman

to get your post up there all i have done is, click the quote word at the bottom of the post 

Reply to Lazarus

Yes Denis was a nice guy, lived at Darnall when I first knew him, his wife Christine worked at a dry cleaning shop along Staniforth Road. They had a son, Phillip who will be around 65/66 now

They moved from Darnall to a council house somewhere nearer to Handsworth but after all the years I cannot remember the name of the road/area, may have been at the rear of the Remploy factory ?? - Christine's father Fred lived somewhere near to them after moving from Beaumont Way around mid to late 1970's 

Denis was a bus conductor of course and I seem to recall that he had a part time job at one of the main pubs near the main traffic lights . Around mid to late 1970's he then went to work at the Old Crown pub at the top of Handsworth  

Cannot remember when he died but maybe early 1980's - I started to lose contact with the family about 1978 at the time I was getting divorce from my, then wife, Margaret Turner

When visiting my parents place every 2/3 weeks (Victor and Jessie Hutchinson at Crest Motors and Shell petrol station at the top of Handsworth - next to Turf Tavern) I sometimes saw Philip when he called for petrol, but the last time would have been 1983/4

My other friends in the area were Denis Hobson, Harry Hodges, ??? Sorby,  Malcolm B.... ???  who had a joinery company and few others - we usually met in the Turf Tavern or the White Rose for a few drinks

Best Wishes - Victor (Marshall Hutchinson) - Malaysia 

used to know a girl called margeret ,(horsefield but not certain of sec.name ). she married and moved to greaseboro rotherham ....been trying to trace her for ages 

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 19:58, plantman said:

Alan Dagnall is very much alive although not in the best of health.  I can probably put you in touch. PM me if you want to. I won't be available for a couple of weeks but I'll pass any messages on after that.

Edited by Person6

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 08:59, Person6 said:

Alan Dagnall is very much alive although not in the best of health.  I can probably put you in touch. PM me if you want to. I won't be available for a couple of weeks but I'll pass any messages on after that.

I've also been given the address of Jimmy Noonan today if you're interested

I lived at 101 Manor circle 

Does anybody remember a woman call Pat Ellis (blond girl)

I lived in the army barracks just of Mansfield road from 1970  used to shop at the old fine fares there and there was a news paper stand there where I could get my old dads Player number six  I went to Prince Edwards school  the one with the old tree in the playground in the infants our teacher was mrs Vickers  and her smelly nickers they were not smelly it was what we called her  She slapped mine and my new pal roger's bare arse for stealing daffodils and giving them to her but the garden owner came to  the school I think there was an old bakery there where the baker used to give me bread and dripping free of charge on some cold mornings  maybe it was called Elm tree bakers  really nice old man I used to make war with some local lads the Durans don't know why but we used to battle by throwing stones at each other Remember the local copper taking us home to our parents  They built the (NEW) old  fire station that is still there when I was there used to play football on the green spaces there before they put it up Sheffield was a great place then for a six year old not been back since and I am over  fifty now  long time ago