Did anyone on live on the Manor in the Seventies?

my family lived on Stonecliffe road the Hagues if anyone remembers them id love to hear from you

Robina Simpkins and Vaun Brentnall can be found on facebook

Edited by MarieK

Hello folks

I lived on Wulfric/queen Mary from approx 77-91.

I recognise loads of family names on here although maybe not on a 1 to 1 basis. I spent half my life on the manor fields [deep pit]. Memories like i had will be a rarity these days. The world just aint safe enough to go out first thing sat morning and not be back until 9pm at 10 years old.

I remember mi mum sending us to have our hair cut above the post office. I remember the chippy [Hagues?], and my dad sending me over there every couple of nights for his scollops. I remember the massive regeneration [more like demolition], of the manor. Troggy with his squeaking barrow. Lads stripping the slate off the roofs was an every day occurrence.

Being famous .... On The Manor!!!!

Best days of my life.

I lived at number 7, Noehill Road when I was little. Our house was the last one standing when all the houses on the road were being knocked down. I have lovely memories of living there, my friends and I riding our bikes and playing hide and seek. oh the good old days eh?:)

Hi. Can anyone remind me how you subscribe to these forums ?

Thanks

just click thread tools and subscribe and then you can choose email notifications when the thread has new replies.

I lived on lower manor most of my life late sixties and seventies. It was a lot of fun as a kid. Lived on Alison Crescent.

lived on alison crescent myself till 1970 at number 96.had a bit of a reputation the manor but always say nothing wrong with the right people and that was the manor poeple.

Edited by alan rooker

lived on alison crescent myself till 1970 at number 96.had a bit of a reputation the manor but always say nothing wrong with the right people and that was the manor poeple.

i cant really remember you alan but then i would only have been eight in 1970. However what you say is right. If i tell people where i grew up they look aghast. The neighbours however were always there for each other. kids used to play out together, rounders and so on and when i got older i used to walk home from the bus stop late at night and never had any problems.

went to walthoff in the late 70s and 80ts any 1 rember mr elliss teacher and the deputy head carnt rember is name any 1 no his name

Anybody go to The Woodcraft Folk in the evenings at Standhouse School in the 50s? Also weekend and Easter camps?

new a jason willcox

how old will jason wilcox be