Did anyone on live on the Manor in the Seventies?

:D hi ya all I remember such a lot of ya coz it were my mum n dad that had manor hotel pub,eric n mary they were an had such alaugh at times but other times cud be quite rough,nice to read all this n here about u, but the sad things ie: baz akers RIP luv n miss u baz n our debs xx

iya jule it marie from manor ex travis.....ope u ok....

me & paul are 43 kevin is 40

hi sorry, I just re-read your post about Graham, I didn't read properly, You talking bout Appleyard, his mum and dad were hilda and frank right? I thought you was on about one of the kids that lived just round corner, though you did call 2 of them graham lol. you a bit older than me at 37. but prob do know you. Do you remember our old nxt door nieghbours Mattie and Cath ? (mother/daughter) cath had a daughter called alison. or Sue/Mick lived at other side (white house), had 2 boys called simon and stephen. :):)

no mate,i dont know you,i spend my weekends in swallownest though, of course you will know the lewis brothers from the garth, and jimmy dawson from siddalls and my mate pete bodell,

my daughter lives in swall. her bloke is nick named baggy :hihi:

I remember Jimmy Dawson, Baz Flinders & Bros went Maggies & Siddalls from the early 70s.

We all worked later at Kiveton Park Pit !!!!

I remember Jimmy Dawson, Baz Flinders & Bros went Maggies & Siddalls from the early 70s.

We all worked later at Kiveton Park Pit !!!!

Hi PD which of the Siddall's do you know.

hi potted dog,and welcome to the forum, i think jimmy is in the meat industry now,havent had much chance to get up to siddalls over the last few weeks due to car trouble but will make it eventually...

My husband lived at 71 beaumont road in the 60s and 70s. He should have gone to pipworth but wasnt too keen on school so no one would remeber him from school.

He has taken after his dad for a love of cars - his dad used to fill up the feathers car park with zephers and zodiacs.

Surprised that no one has mentioned the black path or the plateau?

He is still good friends with the fletchers who lived on alison cres and as we dont live far away he still sees a lot of people around.

My husband lived at 71 beaumont road in the 60s and 70s. He should have gone to pipworth but wasnt too keen on school so no one would remeber him from school.

He has taken after his dad for a love of cars - his dad used to fill up the feathers car park with zephers and zodiacs.

He is still good friends with the fletchers who lived on alison cres and as we dont live far away he still sees a lot of people around.

i must know your husband rubygirl,i lived on beaumont rd in the 60s and 70s and was "part time" at pipworth school,i hated it,i also loved cars.

Hi

I remember the plateau, us kids were always playing there. I remember also a big pipe going through the woods on the way to the plateau which we used to play on

i must know your husband rubygirl,i lived on beaumont rd in the 60s and 70s and was "part time" at pipworth school,i hated it,i also loved cars.

his name is mick, he has a brother called john and a sister called marie.

Hi

I remember the plateau, us kids were always playing there. I remember also a big pipe going through the woods on the way to the plateau which we used to play on

do you remember a derelict open air swimming pool down there somewhere? apparentley there wasnt much left of it when my husband was a kid. My mum had grown up on manor top and she didnt know of it. I didnt belive there was one but i have found a photo of it in a handsworth history book.

his name is mick, he has a brother called john and a sister called marie.

the only lad that comes to mind is Mick H-----,he worked for Pembo and still had an old banger (dont tell him i called it that),is that him???

no sorry! im trying to think who he knocked around with but cant recall anyone and he is at work right now, i will ask him later, what number did you live at ? who wereour neighbours?