Did anyone on live on the Manor in the Seventies?

summer1955 didntyou go to work in the chip shpo on pond street balcony .if i can remember you used to live on the woodthorpe near tentown:) :) :)

yes i lived on woodthorpe near tentown

i did work at friery chip shop on balcony was there from 1977 till 1984

Does anybody know the Butts, lived on Stonecliffe Road

Edited by Jeanettee

i rember the barrows of wulfric road i use to work in the post office on fairleigh cathy regan worked with me she was a friend of your mums if i remember correctly. ithink she emigrated to south africa with her family in the early seventies.she used to live on rollet close:)

hi anyone remember the helliwells on cullabine road before that beaumont rd my aunt lived on the manor all her life

was born at 31 beaumont road, left for parson cross when i was 8m they were great days,remember a boy, duncan, across the road his mum and mine were great friends, had to hold his hand everyday when i went to school:gag:

I lived on Motehall Road from '77 to '85, then moved out when I got married then the house was knocked down in 1987 and my mum and dad were forced to move out.

did he marry a lass called shirley

Sorry for the delay, yes he did. I caught up with him a year or so back he was working as a milkman.

Sorry for the delay, yes he did. I caught up with him a year or so back he was working as a milkman.

thought it was the same person, well shirley is a relative of mine her grandma and my dad were cousins

My Nan and Step-Grandad used to live on bassledene road (Ratcliffes/Boldocks) cant remember much about the estate as I was only young and moved away but recently saw all the new houses.

I have never lived on or near the Manor but I did know Gerard Pickford; I worked with his father, Ernest, which is how I know Gerard. It was years ago - I remember Gerard's mother had died when he was quite young and his father had multiple sclerosis - felt very sorry for them.

I have never lived on or near the Manor but I did know Gerard Pickford; I worked with his father, Ernest, which is how I know Gerard. It was years ago - I remember Gerard's mother had died when he was quite young and his father had multiple sclerosis - felt very sorry for them.

im gerards daughter! why did you feel sorry for them????/:huh:

Because Ernest was a lovely man and I felt sorry that he had lost his wife and then had been diagnosed with MS. I felt sorry because rotten things always happen to nice people and Ernest was a nice person.

I apologise if that offends you.