The best courier for new ebay business

Hi,

Do you know maybe a website like comparethe market or gocompare for parcels?

I'm starting soon my business and I will need a contracted courier for roughly 100parcels on the beginning. I've searched on google under courier comparisons but nothing sensible is popping out.

Anyone has any advice?

Thanks

Hi,

Do you know maybe a website like comparethe market or gocompare for parcels?

I'm starting soon my business and I will need a contracted courier for roughly 100parcels on the beginning. I've searched on google under courier comparisons but nothing sensible is popping out.

Anyone has any advice?

Thanks

Is that a 100 a day? A week? A year? If it's the first one or two options ring a company up and tell them the volume you are planning to send and they'll be offering you better prices than parcels2go. Then take that price and ring a few more - they'll be trying to undercut each other left and right.

Whatever one you use DON'T use Hermes the last parcel we sent via Parcel2Go used Hermes and the delightful delivery driver threw our parcel over a 6 ft gate - item is now damaged beyond repair and Hermes won't even accept responsibility :-(

Is that a 100 a day? A week? A year? If it's the first one or two options ring a company up and tell them the volume you are planning to send and they'll be offering you better prices than parcels2go. Then take that price and ring a few more - they'll be trying to undercut each other left and right.

Thanks thats what Im doing right now. Will see whos gonna win. Let the fight begin ;)

Have you covered reliability and the range of addresses they will cover?

What is their overseas delivery service like?

Will they collect or do you have to drop them off somewhere?

How long does a parcel take from drop off/collection to delivery?

What reputation do they have?

How financially secure are they as a company?

What is their (insurance) policy for missing or damaged goods?

What is their customer service like for you as a customer and to your customers when they need to rearrange a parcel if they were out?

Do they offer timed delivery slots or at least let your customers know roughly when they will turn up?

I pose these questions as I often ask a potential supplier which courier they use. If its one we have had several problems with I won't buy from them unless they send it via another courier.

I've just used Collect+ to get a parcel (from my local newsagent) to an address in Northern Ireland. Considering it was over a Bank Holiday weekend, all went well, and the recipient confirmed that all was in order.

I'd certainly consider using them again, as it cost under a tenner as opposed to approaching £30 with ParcelForce.....

Might be worth checking out UPS "Access Point". Had a marketing e-mail from them yesterday but they seemed to be offering 80cm x 80cm x 80cm volume / 15Kg max for £6.49 per parcel.

Edit, here are the details on parcel2go website:

https://www.parcel2go.com/service/ups-access-point

Edited by cptwhite

I use my hermes for parcels. They are quite competitive.

I know someone who uses Hermes and has never had any problems. I always use Royal Mail, but have everything signed for (£3.80) as a lot of people on eBay scam you by saying they haven't received their parcel and you have no proof. And surprisingly genuine people on there will pay the price. Also with Hermes you can track your parcel and for £2.78 for upto 2kg its not bad at all.

Try anyvan i was on there. People bid on your jobs to win them good website