Forge Valley sends a pupil home because of haircut

Maybe if society wasn't as judgemental about the appearance of others, then they wouldn't even be conscious about the haircuts sported by various pupils?

In the video she (mum) says that the teachers can have bright hair colours but not pupils and that's not fair.

.... .... just, WHAT?!:confused:

My boss wears light coloured suits, I think I might say it's breaching my human rights as I can't wear my grey suit at work.

Personally I think that if a school/firm sets a uniform code for its pupils/workers then the teachers/management should ALSO be covered by that requirement in order to set an example and maintain a common look and feel. Why should a certain group be exempt from something that has been deemed a requirement?

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 15:06 ----------

Now that is just STUPID!! Do they have a deal with the suppliers of the "correct" and no doubt very expensive ones

Regardless of whether people think the school is right or the mother is right!

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT HAIRCUT ALL ABOUT????? WHY???

It is modelled on a style worn by the excellent role model for children that is Rihanna - http://coolspotters.com/files/photos/313135/rihanna-and-betsey-johnson-retro-leopard-sunglasses-gallery.jpg

I always believed it was a woman's right of passage to look back on her school photo's with shock, horror and disbelief at her younger self! Her natural self! before make up, shaving and hair straighteners... WAS I REALLY THAT GINGER grrrringe...

I wonder what she's going to think when she's older looking back at that hair style she's sporting in all the newspapers she's in! and that sad face she's pulling! and that sad face her mothers pulling! Ohhh it's sooo traumatising!

I always believed it was a woman's right of passage to look back on her school photo's with shock, horror and disbelief at her younger self! Her natural self! before make up, shaving and hair straighteners... WAS I REALLY THAT GINGER grrrringe...

I wonder what she's going to think when she's older looking back at that hair style she's sporting in all the newspapers she's in! and that sad face she's pulling! and that sad face her mothers pulling! Ohhh it's sooo traumatising!

..........and bleating about 'uman rights over a haircut........chavdom of the highest order! Maybe you should act human before you earn rights!

..........and bleating about 'uman rights over a haircut........chavdom of the highest order! Maybe you should act human before you earn rights!

If I was the head teacher I wouldn't have just sent her home! I'd expel her!! I'd expel her for having such poor poor taste! :hihi::hihi:

Its called being a slave to fashion.

The mothers clearly an idiot!

She's an idiot for allowing her daughter to have that hair cut!

She's an idiot for allowing her daughter to go to school with that hair cut!

She's an idiot for going to the newspapers expecting sympathy for that hair cut!!

Is it me, or is school a place for children to go and be educated and develop skills to help them grow into intelligent and responsible adults (granted, some slip the net) and not a place where they think they can turn up looking like a caricature of terrible R&B artist...

Do what you want when you want, nobody has the right to stop you as long as its not illegal in my eyes.

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 16:53 ----------

Because its bad to have ginger hair is it ? ;)

Edited by Starlc

Do what you want when you want, nobody has the right to stop you as long as its not illegal in my eyes.

But that hair cut is illegal..! (should be anyway)

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 16:54 ----------

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 16:53 ----------

Because its bad to have ginger hair is it ?

I was referring to myself! so no...