Forge Valley sends a pupil home because of haircut

He had a few teachers last year which wasn't ideal but didn't stop him upping all his grades and getting a few awards at the end of term plus his first gcse. Yes they did change head teacher cause the one from Wisewood wasn't good enough to cope!

The rules state no white lines, ticks or anything on shoes. No trainers etc,etc. It's really not rocket science. If my son's said but I want those. Then the answer is no you can't it's not allowed. This I believe is called disciplined.

Regarding the football I dare say my son hates that cause he is football mad but if he moans about it then I just say look it's tough thems the rules so you just have to get used to it. You've got a lot more years in your life where you are gonna have to stick to the rules.

Edited by TFI THURSDAY

My sons also go to forge valley and we don't have any problems. The eldest is in all the top sets is doing great and abides by the rules. He says all the ones who moan are the ones who cause all the trouble and the kids are never at school anyway. He says a lot of them are an embarrassment and should be kicked out not just sent home. As for asking a few local parents, if it's the ones I'm thinking of they have done nothing but moan since it was being built, some of their kids are constantly getting suspended and fighting and are the problem anyway so please by all means remove them from the school, send them elsewhere and let our children who want to learn get on with it.

This sounds about right.

Hair dye has been linked to cancer and can cause hair loss if someone turns out to have an allergy, not that uncommon. Pregnant ladies are not advised to dye their hair as the noxious chemicals are inhaled during the dyeing process and absorbed into the blood stream and aren't good for the foetus. I don't think hair dye would be that good for a child who is probably still growing. My kids aren't allowed to use hair dye despite the lack of policy on it at their school. Besides, she looks daft.

The school have totally over-reacted to this.

The girl was wearing the 'correct' uniform and she just had a hair style that they considered 'extreme' so why don't they get on with what they are supposed to be doing and teaching kids?

Crikey!!

He had a few teachers last year which wasn't ideal but didn't stop him upping all his grades and getting a few awards at the end of term plus his first gcse. Yes they did change head teacher cause the one from Wisewood wasn't good enough to cope!

The rules state no white lines, ticks or anything on shoes. No trainers etc,etc. It's really not rocket science. If my son's said but I want those. Then the answer is no you can't it's not allowed. This I believe is called disciplined.

Regarding the football I dare say my son hates that cause he is football mad but if he moans about it then I just say look it's tough thems the rules so you just have to get used to it. You've got a lot more years in your life where you are gonna have to stick to the rules.

The one from Wisewood was a superhead teacher so those in power said :hihi: and passed her interview by the power that be!! Not sure how a white line on a shoe can affect a childs education but im no expert on that, As for stopping football - WOW if its getting that bad , perhaps P.E should be stopped :hihi: , perhaps the stairs in the building could cause a injury , there really is limits to rules and being strict to the core ,

Im sure most of us went to school as I did and had FUN while learning at school , now that bit seems to have been taken away from FV by the new headteacher .

Im not sure why Teachers are not staying at that school for long -Perhaps they don't enjoy, theres got to be a reason ?? I mean im sure they got good grades or gcse to be a teacher but yet don't stay ?? all very odd in my opinion . at a very rough est theres only 8/10 teachers there from when the school opened . I recall my school days same teachers, all seem happy in there job . but hey what do I know im just a simple parent

Edited by The Manager

As for the Rules , I can understand some but the ones where like my son had a very thin micro white line on his trainer , he got sent home for and a detention I recall , I even told the school at the time cant he just get a marker pen to colour it in ? answer was no .......

You knew the rules but couldn't be bothered to use a marker pen to make your wrong choice of shoes acceptable?

Accept then your child's movement through school without complaint.

Better still take your children out of school.

Both my children went there when it was Myers Grove and they were always having temporary maths teachers then. The teachers don't stay there long because there is no management control. My neighbour is a teacher and had an interview last term at FV, she said the person interviewing had no interest at all in teaching, more concerned how pupils looked.

You knew the rules but couldn't be bothered to use a marker pen to make your wrong choice of shoes acceptable?

Accept then your child's movement through school without complaint.

Better still take your children out of school.

It was a tiny white line on the bottom of the shoe , I did not know my child had taken these shoes instead of his other ones until I got a phone call from the school , I said to the school cant he use a marker pen , they stated no he MUST go home:loopy:

so thanks for not knowing the facts, if I have a complaint I bring it to offsted as many parents now do now .

if I want to take my children out of the school I will thanks - but who are you to tell me - :hihi::loopy:

(everyone has a opinion by the way )

When i attended college to study both my OND and HND straight from school, i was issued with a reading list(to pick from) and a stationary list including itemised equipment for what was then Technical Drawing and various other items including rulers,clips to hold paper on drawing boards and certain sizes of scaled equipment,certain size slide rule and even a specific scientific calculator requirement.

My employer funded these costs - but non compliance resulted in non acceptance in the lectures and on the course.

Obviously this was a selected course with specific study requirements, but then again so is school.

Are you trying to justify a school having a specific requirement for a pencil case? :confused:

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 08:54 ----------

Very nicely put. At university you are expected to be able to manage your timetable and direct your own studies - no-one is going to chase you if you don't attend lectures.

School is laying the groundwork for this.

Laying the groundwork by removing your choice and doing exactly the opposite of how university will operate. Yes, I can totally see the logic.

Students at university are adults......over 18 and therefore have more freedom of choice. This girl is not an adult she is a child and therefore subject to the rules and limits set down by adults with responsibility for the welfare of children.

My OH and I were discussing the other day the way that even quite young children are allowed/ encouraged to dress in outfits which are more suitable for adults. Whatever happened to childhood? We seem to now have a generation of parents who treat their children as adults almost as soon as they can walk and talk. The word no seems to be dying out and parents instead say yes of course and excuse it by saying it is 'freedom of expression' or ' human rights'.

I and in turn my children were brought up to know that no meant no and that decisions on haircuts, clothing etc were made by parents until you were old enough to pay for them yourself.

Hardly going to affect her education as much as not being in school. There isnt much she can do anyway until it grows out

Edited by trackrunner