Solidarity with refugees march – London 12th September

Does amaze me how much spare time during the week that people have nowadays.

:rolleyes:

Don't care what,my opinions and that's that

Does amaze me how much spare time during the week that people have nowadays.

One of the bonuses of being your own boss and flexi time....:hihi:

Students, people on benefits and public sector workers all have plenty of free time. The rest of us who pay for it all will be hard at work while this march is going on.

I hope this thread doesn't go the same way as the Can Sheffield take More Refugees

The moderators closed the thread ,apparently because it couldn't stay on topic.

I speculate that they closed it, because of the vitriolic hatred of immigrants expressed in some of the post.

I'll be going on the Sheffield demo.

I imagine that this thread will attract similar hate posting.They can't resist it.

There is a debate to had as to whether or not Islamaphobia counts as racism.

However ,no matter how much some people rail against it, you cannot just post a diatribe of hatred on a Forum or in a newspaper.

Kate Hopkins and the editor of the Sun, David Dinsmore have been reported to the police for incitement to racial hatred. Kate Hopkins wrote an article on the 17th April 2015. She described immigrants as "cockroaches" and went on to suggest that "gunships" should be sent to stop them from landing. The complaint has been brought by the Society of Black Lawyers .

Lets see what happens with this thread.

I imagine the London demo will be quite large. I also speculate that the EDL and UKIP supporters, will organise a counter demo-probably on the same day.

The Sheffield action may attract a UKIP ,EDL counter demo. I hope not.

But, hey it's a free country -isn't it ?

Have you just had a double-helping of McIrony Cake? :D

they probably closed it because too many people had the "cheek" to have an opinion that was different to theirs and yours. no one is saying they hate these economic migrants. look at the poll then, but then you lefties never like democracy when it doesn't suit you .lefties, uaf, hope not hate, middle class doo gooders that don't live in our, the real world! are you a bearded uni lecturer on £70, 000 and a good pension by the way! me traditional working class person that labour no longer represents!!

We are going off topic again. I'm all for free speech and democracy. You are quite entitled to disagree with me-and to say so . Just like you are doing now.

Democracy doesn't mean the majority always gets its way. A parliamentary democracy entitles you to oppose the majority.So presumably ,when you say, "lefties never like democracy",you imply that the only valid version of democracy you care for; is one where minority views are expunged .

Now as far as hating immigrants is concerned I can see that you are not saying that-but others have,in the thread I refer to (Refugees in Sheffield).

The rest of your post makes me laugh (not laughing at you).

No I don't have a beard. I'm not a Uni lecturer. I never earned £70000 grand in my life.

I worked at BSC Special Steels Division, Openshaw , Manchester. Served my time as an apprentice electrician. Worked in electrical contracting. And finished my career as a FE teacher in London. I taught loads of immigrants to be electricians (just so they could steal jobs-only kidding).No body steal my identity please.

I'm also a staunch supporter of "Help For Heroes".

Staying on topic. I might go to the London demo-see me old mates again.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 02:35 ----------

petemcewam. Society of Black Lawyers! Isn't that a bit racist?

What's the problem with UKIP and EDL attending the demo? As you said it's a free country and UAF always attend theirs.

EDL have a tendency to cause trouble.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 02:43 ----------

I am sick to death of hearing people going on and on about these poor migrants I wish the do gooders were as fast to help our returning soldiers or pensioners who struggle every day I recon this would be a great country I we looked after our own first ,worst thing ever going in to the EU

I'm a pensioner and all for helping myself (bus pass,concessions,reduced rail fares-to every possible destination and all that).

I also support Help For Heroes.

Edited by petemcewan

This^^^^

People who want to help are helping, the government are helping. I'm sure people's time would be better spent fundraising or knitting blankets.

Those are my thoughts . If all those intending to go on the march donated the money they spend for their day out in London to Oxfam that would actually help some refugees .

There was something on the news this morning about how much it costs South Yorkshire Police to 'police' marches which means money is diverted away from solving crime .

I have an 8 seater minibus if anyone is interested, I'll take the first 2 that pm me and leave the other 6 places spare for bringing a family of refugees back too their home!

You taking up people trafficing? 2k a throw?

I, for one, am sick TO THE BACK TEETH, of the way this crisis of humanity

Is being spun by Murdoch's asswipe media

These people are refugees

Fathered by the warmongering of this country

**** you Murdoch! :mad:

Western interference may have opened Pandora's box (when they removed/weakened the dictators sitting on top) but the evils within are fathered by the religion and culture of the region.

If the refugees left their religious and cultural beliefs behind along with their wreaked homes, then people might be more willing to accept them. But they won't and that, coupled with the financial cost, means most people don't want them here. Marching isn't going to change that. Enjoy the walk.

Just what this country needs, naïve people seeking to occupy the moral high ground by marching through London to show support for economic migrants wanting to come to Europe.

Now if these same people were organising a march to ask why the United Arabs Emirates (who have the money and space) are not rescuing their fellow Muslims from war torn Syria and providing them with accommodation, food, clothing and safety,might be worth joining them

We are going off topic again. I'm all for free speech and democracy. You are quite entitled to disagree with me-and to say so . Just like you are doing now.

Democracy doesn't mean the majority always gets its way. A parliamentary democracy entitles you to oppose the majority.So presumably ,when you say, "lefties never like democracy",you imply that the only valid version of democracy you care for; is one where minority views are expunged .

Now as far as hating immigrants is concerned I can see that you are not saying that-but others have,in the thread I refer to (Refugees in Sheffield).

The rest of your post makes me laugh (not laughing at you).

No I don't have a beard. I'm not a Uni lecturer. I never earned £70000 grand in my life.

I worked at BSC Special Steels Division, Openshaw , Manchester. Served my time as an apprentice electrician. Worked in electrical contracting. And finished my career as a FE teacher in London. I taught loads of immigrants to be electricians (just so they could steal jobs-only kidding).No body steal my identity please.

I'm also a staunch supporter of "Help For Heroes".

Staying on topic. I might go to the London demo-see me old mates again.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 02:35 ----------

EDL have a tendency to cause trouble.

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 02:43 ----------

I'm a pensioner and all for helping myself (bus pass,concessions,reduced rail fares-to every possible destination and all that).

I also support Help For Heroes.

So do the UAF :)