Solidarity with refugees march – London 12th September

Interesting that if you're against taking in more refugees you're bellicose and if you're for it you're eloquent according to some on here. I suppose it depends on your point of view, the opinion could be reversed.

People think that opening door to everyone will solve this issue.

Well it wont! Only happy people will be people smugglers.

How many we should invite 10, 20, 500K maybe just 1mln should be nice round number?

People think that they are just Syrians coming, how can we check this? Some will not have any docs, some might work for IS.

To help them money will be taken from people already in th UK. Less for schools, less for NHS, less for support of youth.

I saw some idiot on the tv saying bring Your families:loopy: Is this ridiculous invitation open to these peoples entire extended family?

By way of context, Britain has a muslim population of 4.3 million, around 85% of which originate in Pakistan and Bangladesh.

The original direct migration of workers from Pakistan was around 80,000. Cultural practices and chain migration in action over half a century.:)

DON'T forget any figures discussed are the tip of the iceberg and any such changes are permanent and irreversible which means some consideration and far less emotion are needed.

why do we need a march now...I thought the quota was sorted?

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 16:34 ----------

we've perhaps not taken enough.....but we do give 12bn in aid every year, putting all other countries apart from the US to shame. We are set to be the only country in the G7 to reach the UN's 0.7 GDP quota....

We are not a heartless nation. I don't get why we need a march, just get on with it....

why do we need a march now...I thought the quota was sorted?

---------- Post added 10-09-2015 at 16:34 ----------

we've perhaps not taken enough.....but we do give 12bn in aid every year, putting all other countries apart from the US to shame. We are set to be the only country in the G7 to reach the UN's 0.7 GDP quota....

We are not a heartless nation. I don't get why we need a march, just get on with it....

its obvious why we need a march!!! its for some to feel oh so good about themselves and are able to relay to all an sundry how caring and huggy they are.

its obvious why we need a march!!! its for some to feel oh so good about themselves and are able to relay to all an sundry how caring and huggy they are.

The left sits on its hands for years while the Christians of the Middle East are slaughtered, but now that Muslims want to come here in massive numbers it's suddenly time for compassion.:suspect:

it's lame...they can take positive action...if they feel that strongly about it, put a syrian family up.

I don't get how organising a march and inconviniencing anybody in the city now solves or achieves anything other than newspaper soundbites / headlines.

Interesting that it's usually the most bellicose that claim to be speaking on behalf of the 'silent majority'. But if you think that your views are being under represented, why not organise a march of your own so that those who do feel the same way as you can demonstrate their views?

I also think you do a disservice to those on your side of the political divide who have spoken eloquently about the need to respond to the humanitarian crisis.

Interestingly I find the opposite to be true. It's the lefty apologists who are most bellicose and assume to represent the majority, mainstream view. The silent majority are only reflected in polls which the BBC will sweep under the carpet, but show the majority are against taking in more immigrants in the current crisis.

GET US OUT OF THE EU

it will all end in tears & blood shed

We are a nation that has the resources to be self sufficient apart from the greed ??

If anybody wants to house a refugee you can volunteer with these people

It's just a pity we don't have a way to send the keyboard warriors and people who bang on about staying in your country and fighting ISIS in the other direction, then they could report back on how their fight against ISIS has gone.

Will the people marching be welcoming the migrants back to their homes after the march?

No they won't you can guarantee that

The left sits on its hands for years while the Christians of the Middle East are slaughtered, but now that Muslims want to come here in massive numbers it's suddenly time for compassion.:suspect:

Ah, but who do the muslim communities in the UK mostly vote for?

Well anyone seen what the so called immigrants are now doing in France , throwing human waste at lorrys and cars and they say they are civilised they live like animals ,not humans our green and pleasant land is doomed. And in about 40/ 45 years they will say we shouldent have let them in .just as they did about Enoch Powell speech in the 60s