Solidarity with refugees march – London 12th September

Hi,

Does anybody know of any coaches being organised from Sheffield, or neighbouring cities, to this march?

Thanks,

Bap :D

Hi,

Does anybody know of any coaches being organised from Sheffield, or neighbouring cities, to this march?

Thanks,

Bap :D

Your not walking down then?

Will the people marching be welcoming the migrants back to their homes after the march?

Will the people marching be welcoming the migrants back to their homes after the march?

And paying for their stay i presume, or will it be us taxpayers who have to pick up that tab ?

I hope this thread doesn't go the same way as the Can Sheffield take More Refugees

The moderators closed the thread ,apparently because it couldn't stay on topic.

I speculate that they closed it, because of the vitriolic hatred of immigrants expressed in some of the post.

I'll be going on the Sheffield demo.

I imagine that this thread will attract similar hate posting.They can't resist it.

There is a debate to had as to whether or not Islamaphobia counts as racism.

However ,no matter how much some people rail against it, you cannot just post a diatribe of hatred on a Forum or in a newspaper.

Kate Hopkins and the editor of the Sun, David Dinsmore have been reported to the police for incitement to racial hatred. Kate Hopkins wrote an article on the 17th April 2015. She described immigrants as "cockroaches" and went on to suggest that "gunships" should be sent to stop them from landing. The complaint has been brought by the Society of Black Lawyers .

Lets see what happens with this thread.

I imagine the London demo will be quite large. I also speculate that the EDL and UKIP supporters, will organise a counter demo-probably on the same day.

The Sheffield action may attract a UKIP ,EDL counter demo. I hope not.

But, hey it's a free country -isn't it ?

Edited by petemcewan

Why is it necessary to have a march ? Surely everyone is already aware of the current refugee crisis .

I have an 8 seater minibus if anyone is interested, I'll take the first 2 that pm me and leave the other 6 places spare for bringing a family of refugees back too their home!

Not more immigrants to come to the UK does not equal "hatred" of immigrants.

no but we generally know the views and opinions of certain people on here who DO happen to be against immigrants coming here dont we?